Shiitake mushroom and bok choy soup. This simple miso soup with shiitake mushrooms and baby bok choy is the perfect thing to throw together in between all of those holiday parties this month! Yesterday, Eddie and I were busy. Now that he is six months old (this age is SO FUN, you guys!!!) we decided to join the local YMCA so we can take him swimming.
Shiitake Mushrooms are an edible mushroom native to East Asia. Bring broth, mushrooms and ginger to boil in large pot. Making this soup is a two-step process. You can have Shiitake mushroom and bok choy soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shiitake mushroom and bok choy soup
- You need 8 oz of fresh shiitake mushrooms sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion sliced thin.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots sliced thin.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of minced ginger.
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped bok choy.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of liquid aminos or soy sauce to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp. of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of canola oil.
- It’s 4 of green onions sliced for garnish.
The chicken thighs and legs are boiled to remove impurities, rinsed then cooked with grated ginger, salt and the liquid in which dried shiitake had been soaked. The softened mushrooms are added halfway through the cooking time. The bok choy goes in during the last stage of cooking. In a soup pot, combine onion, carrot and mushrooms.
Shiitake mushroom and bok choy soup instructions
- Heat oil in pot and cook onion until soft. 3 minutes or so..
- Add carrots, ginger and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes..
- Add mushrooms. Continue cooking for 5 minutes on low heat..
- Add chicken stock, bok choy and seasonings.( sauces). Cook until bok choy is tender but not mushy. Around 15 minutes on low simmer..
- Add shredded chicken if desired..
- Garnish with green onion.
Bring to a boil and simmer until the carrots and mushrooms are soft. Add sesame oil, sugar, ginger and soy sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring back to a boil, add bok choy and simmer until bok choy is tender. Heat butter in a stock pot over medium heat; add bok choy, mushrooms, green onions, garlic, and ginger.