Smothered Chicken With Baby Bok Choy.
You can cook Smothered Chicken With Baby Bok Choy using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Smothered Chicken With Baby Bok Choy
- It’s of Chicken.
- You need 6 of Chicken thighs with skin on and bone.
- It’s of salt for taste.
- Prepare of pepper for taste.
- You need 3 tbs of unsalted butter.
- You need of Gravy.
- It’s 3 cups of water or chicken broth.
- You need 4 tsp of Better Than Bouillon chicken base (this step is only to be used if you aren't using chicken broth).
- You need 2/4 tsp of white wine (optional).
- Prepare 3-4 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 2-3 tbs of heavy whipping cream.
- You need of salt for taste if needed.
- It’s of pepper for taste.
- You need of small pinch of garlic.
- It’s of small pinch of onion powder.
- Prepare of Baby Bok Choy.
- Prepare 4 of baby baby bok choy cut lengthwise then quartered.
- Prepare 2 tbs of oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of water.
- You need of reserved chicken juices.
- It’s of salt for taste.
Smothered Chicken With Baby Bok Choy instructions
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add butter to a cast iron pan over medium high heat. Add chicken and sear both sides for about 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Remove all but 1/4 cup of chicken juices and reserve for the gravy. Bake chicken for 25-30 or until done..
- Add water and Better Than Bouillon chicken base to a bowl and whisk well. If you are only using chicken broth then only add chicken broth..
- In another pan or cast iron skillet add the reserved chicken juices, water and better than bouillon with water over medium high heat and boil. Once boiling, add the wine and flour slowly, whisking until the clumps disappear then add heavy whipping cream and stir. Simmer until gravy thickens..
- Once chicken is done remove it from oven and discard all but 3 tbs of the chicken juices. Reserve the chicken juices for later. Add 2 tbs of the reserved chicken juices to the gravy. Reserve the rest. Mix well then pour the gravy all over the chicken..
- Clean and dry the gravy pan. Over high heat, add 2 tbs of oil to the gravy pan. Once the pan is very hot, add the baby bok choy and the reserved 1 tbs of chicken juice and cook fast for about 2 minutes then add the water. Cook for another minute or until the stems are translucent. If you notice the bok choy burning turn the heat down a bit. Once baby bok choy is done season with salt then add it to the pan with chicken and gravy. Serve with rice..
- Note: If you usually buy chicken broth, I suggest you try Better Than Bouillon chicken base. It's tastes very close to homemade chicken broth. So much flavor. You'll never go back to boxed or canned chicken broth..