Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish. An easy healthy steamed fish recipe with a flavourful sauce. I used cream dory, but you can use any whitefish fillet. Try this recipe, it's really delicious!
If you don't want a spicy version, check Cantonese steamed fish. Serve the sauce with lemon/lime wedges with the fish. Yeah, I just don't get the apprehension about the whole fish thing either. You can have Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish
- You need 1 kg of Cream Dory.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ginger, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/3 of bok choy, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need Pinch of Salt and black pepper.
I grew up with Mom bringing a whole steamed fish to the diiner table. Chinese Steamed Fish – Learn how to make restaurant-style Chinese steamed fish with this easy steamed fish recipe, with steamed fish pics. I love Chinese-style steamed fish-fresh-from-the-tank live fish steamed with soy sauce and topped with shredded ginger, scallions, and cilantro leaves. Easy, delicious and healthy Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish recipe from SparkRecipes.
Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish instructions
- Cut the fish fillet into serving portions and season them with salt and black pepper..
- Line a steamer with parchment paper and put the fillet in there..
- Add the bok choy on top of the fish..
- Cover and steam for 12 minutes or until the fish is done..
- Mix the water, chili powder, cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and sugar on a small pan and bring it to boil..
- Arrange the fish and bok choy on serving plates and pour the chili sauce over the top. Ready to serve. Enjoy!.
A drizzle of soy sauce and some fresh scallions are laid on top of the steamed fish, and hot sesame oil is poured on top. This is a classic preparation for steamed Chinese fish. Traditionally, this is done with a whole fish, but this technique works well with fish filet as well. Pan-fried fish with soy sauce is one of the most classic Chinese recipe to enjoy white fish. Chinese restaurants love to serve their fish whole, and only sometimes thinly sliced, or in fillet form.