Pochero. Pochero or Puchero is a well-loved Filipino stew. I know that you are familiar with this dish after we featured two variations: Beef Pochero and Chicken Pochero. To complete our Pochero series, I.
This Filipino stew incorporates ingredients such as. This video shows the detailed steps on how to cook Pochero which is a popular Filipino stew recipe. In Philippine cuisine, puchero (Spanish: Pochero; Tagalog: putsero) is a dish composed of beef chunks stewed with saba bananas (or plantains). You can have Pochero using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pochero
- It’s 1 of kilo pork cut into cubes.
- You need 50 g of cabbage (half a head) chopped.
- It’s 100 g of pechay or bok choy with the base cut.
- Prepare 4 of ripe plantain bananas sliced.
- You need 4 of potatoes or sweet potatoes cut into quarters.
- Prepare 6 of longyard beans cut in 2 inches.
- You need 1 of big can pork and beans or chickpeas/garbanzos.
- You need 2 links of chorizo (semi-cured Spanish sausage) quartered.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
The dish may also include potatoes or sweet potatoes. Pochero (Puchero) is another great dish that we inherited from the Spanish. The Filipino Pochero is slightly different as it has tomato sauce and it. What sets it apart from other tomato-based stew is that.
- Heat pan and cook pork in oil for 30 minutes or until brown and tender. To lessen oil, you can also try using an air fryer to cook meat. Set aside..
- Using the same pan, add garlic until and cook light golden brown on low heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Add chorizo and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Add sliced plantain bananas and water. Bring to a boil. Add pork and beans, fish sauce, tomato sauce, and cabbage. Simmer for 10 minutes..
- Add yardlong beans and pechay. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat..
- Serve with steamed rice..
A warm and hearty dish that the whole family will love coming home to. This Chicken Pochero dish provides vitamin A that helps improve vision and keeps the immune. Chicken Pochero/Puchero is the perfect Sunday lunch! Loaded with vegetables, beans, sausage, and tomato broth, this Filipino stew is delicious and filling. In Cebu, Bulalo is called Pochero.