Spicy Bourbon Chicken. Spicy Bourbon Chicken is one of my favorite Chinese quick meals to make on a weeknight. The flavors are so much better than takeout and you can make this recipe with chicken breast. Spicy Bourbon Chicken Quick and delicious!
I serve it over basmati or. Editor's Note: Named Bourbon Chicken because it was supposedly created by a Chinese cook who worked in a restaurant on Bourbon Street. Heat oil in a large skillet. You can have Spicy Bourbon Chicken using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Bourbon Chicken
- You need 2 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 2 of # boneless chicken thighs.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 C of soy sauce-low sod.
- You need 1/4 C of brown sugar.
- You need 1 of red pepper, chunks.
- It’s 2 1/2 of carrots, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion, small, sliced.
- You need 1/4 head of cabbage, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 C of Bourbon.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 C of apple juice.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 4-6 of Tien Tsin chili peppers, seeded and cut.
I was excited to find a Bourbon Chicken recipe with simple ingredients, as well as good reviews overall. On my second trial of this dish, I did, however, make some changes I believe for the better. This Bourbon Chicken is so much better than the standard food court recipe! The chicken turns out tender, juicy and loaded with tons of sauce.
Spicy Bourbon Chicken step by step
- In a medium bowl combine: soy sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, rice vinegar, apple juice and ketchup. Mix well and set aside..
- Break the chilies open and discard the seeds inside, then cut them into a few large pieces to cook..
- In 2 large skillets, add some sesame oil and canola oil and heat them over medium heat. Add the chilies to 1 skillet and saute for 30-40 seconds. Add the chicken and saute until fully cooked and browned on both sides. In the other skillet, add the red pepper, carrots, and onion and saute until tender. In a medium pot, boil enough water to cook the cabbage until tender but not to soft, about 7 minutes. Drain..
- To the skillet with chicken; when browned, pull out chicken and cut into small chunks and put back in pan. Now add a little more oil if needed and add the garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and chili powder with the chicken and mix together. Saute for 1 minute. Now add the vegetables to the chicken and pour in the sauce over everything, mix and saute 4 minutes more. Serve..
The sauce is the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Easy Bourbon Chicken that's crispy, sweet, sticky and tastes just like the kind you grew up eating To make this more spicy double the crushed red pepper or swap the red pepper for Sriracha sauce. Bourbon Chicken and Southern US and Chinese cuisine come together in our recipe, which combines good bourbon whiskey with Asian soy sauce. This easy chicken recipe is both sweet and spicy and inspired by the North American Festival Mardi Gras and Bourbon Street! I have never encountered anyone that did not love this chicken recipe.