Nethili sambal (ikan Billis / anchovies). #sambalikanbilis #anchovieschilipaste #sambalnasilemak #nethilikaruvadetokku #nethilisambal SAMBAL IKAN BILIS SPICY ANCHOVIES CHILI PASTE WITH LIME. Today's special Nethili Karuvadu Sambal / Dry Anchovy Fish fry.
Nethili Karuvadu Sambal (Dry Anchovy fish fry ) / நெத்திலி கருவாடு சம்பல். Ikan Bilis Sambal cooked Indian Style. This spicy dish goes well with : Nasi Lemak Chapatti Bread White rice with rasem oh Dhall. ingredients : Ikan Bilis. You can have Nethili sambal (ikan Billis / anchovies) using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nethili sambal (ikan Billis / anchovies)
- Prepare of Blend the paste.
- It’s 3 of normal size onions (I love onions by the way).
- You need 8 of garlic.
- Prepare 4 of candle nuts.
- Prepare of Shrimp paste, 1/3 of ur pinkie.
- You need 1 of small piece ginger.
- You need 20 pieces of dried chilli soaked in hot water for 10 mins.
- It’s of Making the sambal.
- Prepare 1 packet of anchovies (pre-soaked for 10 mins than fry).
- You need of In the same oil, add :.
- Prepare 1 of onion – sliced.
- Prepare 10 of curry leaves.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seed.
- Prepare of Add the blended sambal paste.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of For sugar and salt I do not have a measurement as I added little by little until I got the right taste.
Ikan Bilis Sambal is a Malaysian cuisine which is also known as anchovy- a salted dried small fish. Normally Ikan Bilis Sambal is served as condiments along with fried eggs, peanuts and coconut rice wrapped in banana leaves which common eaten by the local Malays for breakfast is known as Nasi. The good news is, anchovy stocks have doubled because their predators – the type without legs – have declined sharply in numbers. I don't need much persuasion to eat sambal ikan bilis.
Nethili sambal (ikan Billis / anchovies) step by step
- Presoak chilli & anchovies 10 mins in advance..
- Fry the anchovies.
- Blend the paste.
- Use the same oil as the fried anchovies, add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and onion..
- Once the onion looks white/translucent, add the blended paste and fry the sambal paste..
- Add salt & sugar little by little as it takes awhile to fry..
- Once the sambal looks dry, add the fried anchovies..
- Let it cook until it dries up and it’s ready..
- Will add pictures on the next round :).
Salty little fishies and deep-fried peanuts make a perfect. Sambal Ikan Bilis is a fiery spicy sauce that is as a side dish for various Asian foods, popular in many countries including Indonesia, Malaysia and Sri Lanka. There a literally hundreds of different variations of this sauce, ranging from mild, to very hot. The chilli, Ikan Bilis (dried anchovies), belacan. This Sambal Ikan Bilis is a must-have side dish for nasi lemak, but it's also great in a sandwich.