Bourbon Chicken. Editor's Note: Named Bourbon Chicken because it was supposedly created by a Chinese cook who worked in a restaurant on Bourbon Street. Heat oil in a large skillet. I was excited to find a Bourbon Chicken recipe with simple ingredients, as well as good reviews overall.
Best of all this recipe couldn't be easier. Easy Bourbon Chicken that's crispy, sweet, sticky and tastes just like the kind you grew up eating at Back to the task at hand, Bourbon Chicken. This chicken is so deliciously sweet and sticky and. You can have Bourbon Chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bourbon Chicken
- It’s 1/2 cup of Bourbon Whiskey.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of Brown Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Honey.
- You need 1 dash of Freshly Grated Ginger.
- You need 1 pinch of Red Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 lb of Chicken (Cutlet) Breast – Thinned & Cubed.
- It’s 5 of Baby Bella Mushrooms – Sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of Green Zucchini – Sliced in Quaters.
- It’s 1 of Corn Starch (to make a slurry).
- It’s of Garnish.
- It’s 1 of Chives.
- You need 1 of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
Bourbon Chicken recipe: A flavorful chicken dish named after Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana. This was a copycat recipe I found & modified of the Bourbon Chicken sold in most. This delicious and easy Bourbon Chicken recipe combines golden browned bites of chicken breast and sweet sticky bourbon sauce with a hint of spice. This Easy Bourbon Chicken is a copycat of the Chinese mall food classic: tender chicken Bourbon Chicken is one of my all-time favorite Asian chicken dinners along with General Tso's Chicken.
Bourbon Chicken step by step
- Put all the ingredients listed above except for the chicken, vegetables and corn starch into a small/medium sauce pan. Stir and bring to a simmer and until all the sugar is dissolved. Be careful as the alcohol in the bourbon may catch fire. Let the alcohol burn off or you will get tipsy from this dish. Do not lower the fire on the stove. If it does not catch fire this means your sauce pan is too deep, and I would suggest taking a long match or lighter and lighting it so it burns out..
- Now add the vegetables and stir into sauce on a lower flame, followed by adding the chicken..
- Cook on a medium/high flame for about 5-7 minutes and mix periodically..
- To finish, make a slurry of corn starch and thicken the sauce while it is on high and boiling. To thicken the sauce to desired thickness. Best not to make it too thick as it will gel more once it starts to cool..
- Garnish with chives and toasted sesame seeds and put over fresh cooked rice and enjoy!!.
Serve the bourbon chicken with steamed or fried rice and enjoy! The best oven baked bbq chicken recipe! Bourbon Chicken is one of our favorite easy Chinese Takeout meals to make at home on busy nights. This Bourbon Chicken Recipe is the best sweet and spicy chicken recipe. Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken is easy and delicious!