Bourbon Chicken. Editor's Note: Named Bourbon Chicken because it was supposedly created by a Chinese cook who worked in a restaurant on Bourbon Street. Heat oil in a large skillet. I was excited to find a Bourbon Chicken recipe with simple ingredients, as well as good reviews overall.
Best of all this recipe couldn't be easier. Easy Bourbon Chicken that's crispy, sweet, sticky and tastes just like the kind you grew up eating at Back to the task at hand, Bourbon Chicken. This chicken is so deliciously sweet and sticky and. You can have Bourbon Chicken using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bourbon Chicken
- You need 1 3/4 lb of bone in chicken.
- Prepare 1 cup of tea.
- It’s 1/2 cup of bourbon.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
Bourbon Chicken recipe: A flavorful chicken dish named after Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Louisiana. This was a copycat recipe I found & modified of the Bourbon Chicken sold in most. This delicious and easy Bourbon Chicken recipe combines golden browned bites of chicken breast and sweet sticky bourbon sauce with a hint of spice. This Easy Bourbon Chicken is a copycat of the Chinese mall food classic: tender chicken Bourbon Chicken is one of my all-time favorite Asian chicken dinners along with General Tso's Chicken.
Bourbon Chicken step by step
- salt and pepper to taste, as always..
- Mix all ingredients but chicken in sause pot and heat till combined..
- Let marinate cool then add chicken to marinate for at least 2hrs..
- Cook in prefered meathod..
- Method shown was baked on rack in oven for 1 1/2 hrs @325f.
Serve the bourbon chicken with steamed or fried rice and enjoy! The best oven baked bbq chicken recipe! Bourbon Chicken is one of our favorite easy Chinese Takeout meals to make at home on busy nights. This Bourbon Chicken Recipe is the best sweet and spicy chicken recipe. Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken is easy and delicious!