Bourbon and Coke Pot Roast. Try this simple pot roast recipe for an easy dinner with few ingredients. Pour bourbon and water directly over beef. First the ham is placed in a large pot with an onion and lots of Coca Cola.
With only a few ingredients, you can blend the smoky character of the bourbon with the subtle vanilla notes of the cola for a drink that needs no further embellishment. This roast uses soda pop to make the gravy. I was so surprised at how delicious it was! You can cook Bourbon and Coke Pot Roast using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bourbon and Coke Pot Roast
- You need of for roast.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 cup of mushrooms.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of carrots.
- You need 1 packages of brown sugar & bourbon seasoning.
- You need 2 medium of sweet onions.
- Prepare 2 lb of boneless chuck roast.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 can of coca cola.
- It’s of for the mashed potatoes.
- You need 5 medium of potatoes.
- You need 4 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt & pepper.
Now for the usual pretty pictures of food. The Coke beside the veggies is the very definition of incongruous, which means not harmonious in character or lacking harmony of parts. Yes you read it right using a can of Coca Cola !!. DIRECTIONS Place roast in a roasting pan that can be covered tightly.
Bourbon and Coke Pot Roast step by step
- Slice 2 medium sweet onions into rings and place at bottom of crockpot..
- Season your boneless chuck roast with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, and paprika. Sear each side for 4 minutes per side in a hot skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil. Place roast on top of onions in crockpot..
- Slice up your mushrooms and carrots and toss in half of the grill mates brown sugar and bourbon marinade packet and surround roast. Saute garlic in skillet with olive oil, place on top of roast..
- Mix coca cola and remaining packet of brown sugar bourbon marinade packet. Pour mixture around roast. Cook on high 4-5 hours..
- 20 minutes before roast is done, boil potatoes, drain, add milk, butter, salt & pepper and mash and whisk until creamy. Serve roast and veggies on top of mashed potatoes..
Pour Pepsi or Coke over the roast. This recipe for Crock-Pot Bourbon Apple Pork Chops is to die for! I have made several pot roasts and this recipe made the meat VERY dry! The gravy mixture was excellent but the meat was too chewy. Don't let the "cola" scare you away from this recipe.