Bourbon-apple glaze for roasted chicken, turkey or ham. This recipe for maple-bourbon glazed turkey makes for a bird with gorgeous golden brown skin and notes of smoky bourbon and caramel in every bite. We've partnered with Whole Foods Market to bring you a recipe for maple-bourbon glazed turkey that makes a wonderfully flavorful, eye-catching. Smoky and sweet flavors come through in every bite of this Kentucky-style ham.
How to Fry Pork Chops to Tender, Juicy. No more boring, flavorless hams for you… this bourbon, mustard, and orange glazed ham is amazingly flavorful, beautifully marbled, and has a sticky glaze that is out of this world! You simply order online and your ham (or roast, steaks, etc) show up at your doorstep, packaged perfectly! You can cook Bourbon-apple glaze for roasted chicken, turkey or ham using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bourbon-apple glaze for roasted chicken, turkey or ham
- It’s of glaze.
- You need 1/3 cup of bourbon.
- It’s 1/3 cup of apple juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of apple jam.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried sage.
- You need 1 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
This ham has so much great southern flavor. First the ham is placed in a large pot with an onion and lots of Coca Cola. It's simmered for about an hour and the coke helps tenderize it and flavor it. A deliciously sweet glaze of bourbon, dark brown sugar, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, and black.
Bourbon-apple glaze for roasted chicken, turkey or ham step by step
- In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients except butter and bring to a boil, mix well. Once boiling, reduce heat to a low simmer, stirring to keep bottom from burning..
- Continue to simmer until mixture becomes syrup like in texture, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter.
- Allow to cool..
- Use this to glaze meat after about first 30 minutes of cooking .You will use one half of glaze..
- Five minutes before meat is finished glaze with remainder, finish cooking..
- For smaller cuts of precooked ham, halve the recipe, glaze then start to heat and glaze every 15 minutes..
- You may make this alcohol free by using juice for bourbon amount. Adding a touch of honey is nice too either way..
- Recipe by taylor68too.
Place the ham on a roasting rack in a roasting pan with the fat-side up. Use a small knife to lightly score the fat in a crosshatch pattern, taking Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine the marmalade, bourbon, maple syrup, butter, cinnamon and cloves in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. The classic bourbon mustard glaze elevates a baked ham, adding flavor and a beautiful, shiny crust. The pork benefits from the moisture and sweet flavor provided by glazes, and it makes a wonderful centerpiece for a holiday table or celebratory dinner.