Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham. The sweet, sticky glaze on this juicy ham is subtly spiced with fennel, coriander and star anise. Chef Keoni Chang teaches us how make a bourbon honey glazed him in a simple and easy style. Learn how to make Honey-Bourbon Glazed Ham.
To make glaze, stir together honey, dark brown sugar, bourbon, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, and black pepper in a small bowl. Transfer ham to a roasting pan and make a criss-cross pattern in ham with a sharp. Place the ham in a large, resealable bag. You can have Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham
- Prepare 1 of (10-pound) whole bone-in smoked ham, unsliced.
- You need 1 of whole cloves.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground allspice.
- Prepare 1 cup of soda or orange juice.
- You need of Basting Sauce.
- You need 2/3 cup of bourbon or whiskey.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of clover honey.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of raspberry preserves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of raspberry chipotle jelly.
- Prepare 1 of Nonstick cooking spray.
Bourbon whiskey, honey, brown sugar, and a little citrus make an irresistible glaze for this ham. Part of the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands. Add a splash of bourbon to a simple mustard and brown sugar glaze to complement the smoky flavors of this tasty ham. MORE+ LESS So, here is my easy grilled ham, glazed with honey, bourbon, and mustard.
Brenda's Bourbon Honey Glazed Ham instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In a medium saucepan, heat bourbon, honey, and jellies over low heat for 15 minutes or until reduced by half, stirring occasionally. (When measuring honey, spray measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray to keep measurements accurate.) Set aside..
- With a sharp knife, cut a diamond pattern on the fatty part of the ham. Stud whole cloves in each diamond, at points where lines cross. Place the ham in large roasting pan and sprinkle with the allspice. Pour the soda into the pan and spread half of the bourbon glaze over the ham and roast for 17-20 minutes per pound uncovered. If the ham begins to burn, cover loosely with foil. Baste occasionally about every 15-20 minutes with pan juices. Use remaining glaze for dipping sauce. Let ham stand for 30-40 minutes before slicing..
Cook it low and slow until the ham is reheated, brush it with a few layers of glaze, then carve and serve. How to Make Bourbon Maple Glazed Ham. Try this Honey Bourbon Glazed Ham recipe, or contribute your own. Smoky and sweet flavors come through in every bite of this Kentucky-style ham. Since I found this recipe, it's the only ham I make.