Bran Muffins. Providing Gourmet Birthday Gifts, Fresh And Ready To Serve. They weren't "typical" bran muffins because they were moist and delicious! I decided to experiment, so I made one regular batch and then one lowfat with egg whites for the egg, applesauce for the oil, and reduced fat buttermilk.
It is the only bran muffin recipe my husband likes. This is one of the many fantastic recipes from the book Midwest Made by Shauna Sever. I became online friends with Shauna many years ago and she has knocked it out of the park with her books like Marshmallow Madness, Real Sweet, and Pure Vanilla. You can have Bran Muffins using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bran Muffins
- It’s 3 cup of bran flakes cereal.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/8 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/8 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 each of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/8 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 cup of raisins.
Midwest Made is her latest and it's a cozy blanket of a book filled with food from my. If muffins were baked in paper baking cups, immediately remove from pan to a cooling rack. In a small mixing bowl, pour the boiling water over the half cup of cereal. When cooled, mix in the vegetable oil and egg.
Bran Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl add bran flakes cereal and both milk together.
- Let cereal sit for 30 minutes.
- Mix everything together but raisins really well.
- In another bowl mix brown sugar, sugar, baking powder, flour, salt, ground cinnamon together really well.
- Fold in raisins.
- Spray muffin tin.
- Line with muffin wrappers.
- Lightly spray muffin wrappers, it helps peeling from muffin.
- Fill muffin wrappers 1/2 full.
- Bake 10 to 30 minutes depending on your elevation (I'm in the cascade mountain range so it's shorter time for me).
While the water/bran mixture cools, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl. Your search for the BEST Bran Muffins ends here! These are so flavorful, ultra moist and healthier than most muffin recipes with extra fiber and protein. We enjoy Bran Muffins for breakfast or a snack (they freeze great for grab-n-go!) or even as a side dish at dinner served with BBQ ribs or soup. A big thanks to my Mom for completely perfecting this Bran muffin recipe over the years!