Vegan Sausage Patties. I've gotten multiple requests for these vegan sausage patties in the two weeks since this blog has been back up, and with good reason! Sure, you can purchase expensive uncooked vegan sausage. These vegan breakfast sausage patties are healthy, oil-free, and can be made made gluten-free and soy-free.
You might want to double the recipe, though. Vegan sausage patties are so good even your meatiest meat-eater friends will be fighting over the last one. Make with soy sauce, liquid smoke, vegetable protein, and maple syrup, these vegan sausage. You can cook Vegan Sausage Patties using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Sausage Patties
- You need 1/2 cup of TVP.
- You need 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oat or wheat bran.
- You need 1 Tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of ground flax seeds, optional.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of crushed sage.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 dash of or two of cayenne, optional.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of maple syrup.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of blackstrap molasses.
- Prepare of oil for frying.
Spicy vegan breakfast sausage made with protein-rich tempeh. Smoky, savory, and flavorful, and However, both times I had to resort to enjoying it as sausage crumbles rather than patties, as the. It's easy to make Vegan Sausage Patties! Begin by placing all ingredients in a food processor and pulse for several seconds.
Vegan Sausage Patties step by step
- Stir together TVP and boiling water and set aside to soak for 5 minutes..
- Add flour, bran, and dry spices; stir to incorporate..
- In a measuring cup, measure out water; add liquid smoke directly to the cup and stir (this way the smoke will be evenly distributed)..
- Add water mixture and remaining liquids to dry; mix well..
- With your hands, form mixture into ½" thick patties..
- Heat a quarter inch of oil in a cast iron pan..
- When oil is hot, fry patties for a couple of minutes on each side, until golden..
- Repeat last step with remaining batter, adding more oil each round as necessary..
- Serve hot..
Use a spoon to push the ingredients down and pulse again until you have a. These gluten-free vegan sausage patties use whole food ingredients like black beans, quinoa, and potato. It uses oat flour and ground flax seed to bind it all together. It's easy to make and I have a. Not only are these delicious sausage patties completely vegan and packed with flavor, they have only about half the fat of pork sausage and no cholesterol!