Toasted muesli. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Simple and delicious toasted muesli with almonds, coconut and dark chocolate. This muesli is a healthy, homemade breakfast.
Toasting brings out the nutty nuances in the blend. Serve it with low-fat plain Greek yogurt and fresh fruit, such as pitted sweet cherries or berries. Both are high in fiber and rich in antioxidants. You can cook Toasted muesli using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Toasted muesli
- You need 1 c of oil.
- It’s 1 c of honey.
- Prepare 2 t of vanilla.
- Prepare 8 c of wholegrain oats.
- Prepare 1 c of oat bran.
- You need 1 c of wheatgerm.
- Prepare 1 c of coconut thread.
- It’s 1 c of bran flakes.
- Prepare 1 c of chopped Brazil nuts.
- It’s 1 c of sliced almonds.
- It’s 1/2 c of sunflower seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 c of pumpkin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 c of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 c of raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 c of chopped dried apricots.
- It’s 1/2 c of cranberries.
- You need of banana chips.
The muesli is made of rolled oats combined with a mixture of nuts, seeds, desiccated coconut, honey, and a little canola oil. Maple Toasted Muesli – Rolled Oats and Flavorful Nuts Toasted with a Touch of Maple Syrup, Tossed with Dried Fruit. I became hooked on muesli several years ago, when my husband and I spent a few months in England working on a project he was involved with. toasted muesli. The crunch, chew and snap of this satisfying cereal is thanks to the big characters of five ancient grains: buckwheat, amaranth, quinoa, chia and oat.
Toasted muesli instructions
- Combine dry ingredients except fruit in two roasting pans..
- Combine wet ingredients and warm in microwave before whisking to emulsify..
- Add to dry mixture, splitting between the two pans and mix..
- Fanbake at about 130 degrees Celsius, stirring at 20min intervals until golden and toasted..
- Mix through fruit, cool completely and store in airtight containers..
- Particularly yummy served with chopped royal gala apple and creamy unsweetened Greek yogurt. The recipe can of course be varied according to personal taste..
Together they make a high-fibre muesli that's packed with interest. A light drizzle of coconut blossom nectar (but no refined sugars) gently sweetens each bowlful while pumpkin. Store in a large airtight container. You will generally find American recipes for toasted muesli are sweeter than the recipe here, and if you like it that way, just add more sugar or honey. A sweeter mix will form clusters (yum!).