Butter Chicken Pie!.
You can cook Butter Chicken Pie! using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butter Chicken Pie!
- You need 1 kg of skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 500 grams of jar of butter chicken sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of of cooking oil (l used rice bran oil for its high heat resistance).
- It’s 3 of heaped teaspoons of Cornflour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of of water.
- You need 1 packages of of pre made frozen puff pastry.
- Prepare 1 can of of Chickpeas, rinsed and drained. (Optional).
Butter Chicken Pie! instructions
- Line a 22cm spring form cake tin (or any size pie tin of similar diameter) with cold but thawed pastry. Allow for a large amount of filling, don't be shy with high pastry on the sides. Cut out a pastry lid same shape as the base..
- Cover pastry case and lid with cling film and put in fridge to keep cold..
- Heat a completely clean and dry skillet on a high heat..
- Dice chicken into 1/2 inch cubes..
- When chicken is ready, add oil to the hot pan then quickly cook chicken on a high heat until sealed and golden. I did mine in 2 batches to make sure they went golden..
- Turn heat to med/high and stir in the jar of butter chicken sauce..
- Add water to the empty jar and add the Cornflour. Shake until there is no lumps and then add to chicken..
- Keep stirring until almost at pie filling consistency (sauce is like a thick jelly like gravy). Add Chickpeas now if desired..
- Take off heat and set aside to cool..
- Preheat oven according to pastry makers instructions, should be around 180°F Celsius..
- Remove pie tin from fridge and fill with chicken. Gently fold in edges just a bit higher than the filling. Wet the pastry that will stick to pastry lid, then add lid..
- Brush top with egg wash and cook in the oven according to pastry makers instructions or until top is golden.
- Rest for 5-10mins before removing from tin and serving. Hope you enjoy your yummy pie!.