Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling, salted water until tender. Serve the stroganoff over the noodles; garnish with more sour cream and chopped parsley. This beef stroganoff over buttered noodles makes a perfect dish for all occasions and it is relatively an easy dish to make.
Choose from hundreds of Beef stroganoff over buttered noodles recipes that you can cook easily and quickly. Prepare your ingredients and start cooking Beef stroganoff over buttered noodles today. Enjoy discovering of new meals and food from the best Beef stroganoff over buttered noodles recipes selected by food lovers. You can cook Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles
- It’s 1-2 lbs of beef chuck, cubed.
- You need 1 of carrot, roughly split.
- It’s 1 of large onion, diced.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 3 sprigs of thyme or 1 Tbsp dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 lb of button mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of Bou beef bouillon cube.
- You need 1/8 cup of sherry or brandy.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- You need 2 Tbsp of dijon mustard.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 lb of egg noodles.
- Prepare of Parsley.
Add shallots and minced garlic and toss to combine. While sauce cooks, prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with butter and a little pepper while hot. Serve noodles, topped with sauce, then place meat on top.
Beef Stroganoff Over Buttered Noodles instructions
- Begin by prepping the ingredients.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of butter in a pressure cooker on saute.
- Add the carrot, onion, garlic, bay, and thyme to the pressure cooker and saute while you brown the beef.
- Season the beef with about a Tbsp of salt and some pepper. In a large skillet over high heat with a little oil, brown the beef..
- When the beef begins to give up its liquid, add it to the pressure cooker with the vegetables, and add the sherry..
- Return the skillet to the high heat and add the mushrooms to brown..
- When the mushrooms are starting to sweat, add them to the pressure cooker..
- Add the water, beef bouillon, Worcestershire, and soy sauce.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes. Allow the pressure to naturally release. If doing this in a Dutch oven, increase the water to 3 cups total and place on low heat with the lid ajar and simmer for 2 hours or until the liquid is reduced by half..
- While the beef is cooking, mix the sour cream and mustard in a small bowl..
- When the pressure is released, remove the carrot and bay leaves, take a few ladles of the hot liquid and temper it into the sour cream mixture. Taste the beef for seasoning with salt..
- Boil the egg noodles in a pot, drain and toss with remaining 2 Tbsp of butter..
- Serve the stroganoff atop the noodles with a garnish of chopped parsley and an extra dollop of sour cream..
Garnish with parsley and green onions. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Make this delicious beef stroganoff and serve it with hot buttered noodles, rice, or potatoes. Add a basic tossed salad or side vegetable for a tasty, satisfying meal. Created using a simple skillet, this version still maintains all the classic flavors of the traditional dish.