Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte). Black Forest gâteau (British English) or Black Forest cake (American English) is a chocolate sponge cake with a rich cherry filling based on the German dessert Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte..of German Black Forest Cake, or as it was described on the menu, Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte with a What is inside a German Black Forest Cake? The texture of the cake is extremely light and Hint hint, there's no baking powder included! The authentic Schwarzwälder Kirsch Torte ist made with a.
Towering layers of chocolate cake filled with whipped cream, dark cherries and decorated with chocolate curls. Spiked with cherry liqueur this is a showstopper of a cake in both taste and presentation. There is more than one black forest cake recipe around, however, an authentic Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte must meet certain standards. You can have Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte) using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte)
- You need of A. Cherries.
- It’s 700 ml of jar of Morello Cherries in syrup.
- You need 4 tablespoons of Kirsch or Cherry Brandy.
- Prepare 50 g of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare of B. Cake.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 75 gr of chocolate couverture 55%, melted.
- It’s 15 gr of cocoa powder.
- It’s 35 gr of hot water.
- Prepare 40 gr of oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- You need pinch of salt.
- You need 25 gr of flour.
- It’s 3 of egg white.
- It’s 60 gr of sugar (divided).
- Prepare C. of Whipped Cream Frosting.
- Prepare 450 ml of heavy whipping cream (double cream) (35% butterfat).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 20 g of granulated white sugar.
It is not certain that the Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte originates in the black forest at all, probably the cake came from Switzerland. The dessert is named not directly after the Black Forest (Schwarzwald), mountain range in southwestern Germany, but rather from the specialty liquor of that region, known as Schwarzwälder Kirsch(wasser) and distilled from tart cherries. Schwarzwälder kirschtorte is named for the Schwarzwald or Black Forest region in southeastern Germany, so it's often known outside the This cake is possibly one of the most famous of German desserts. which is interesting when one considers that it (or the inspiration for it) may actually have. It is frosted with whipped cream and covered with chocolate shavings and a few cherries for Called Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte in German, which means Black Forest Cherry Torte or Gateau.
Black Forest Cake (Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte) step by step
- Cherries: Drain the cherries, reserving the liquid. Place the cherries in a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons Kirsch. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside. Place 1 cup (240 ml) of the reserved cherry syrup in a small saucepan, along with the sugar, and heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, add 2 tablespoons Kirsch, and let cool..
- For the cake: Preheat oven to 150oC. Butter, or spray with a non stick spray, a 16cm round cake pan and line the bottom of pan with parchment or wax paper..
- Mix cocoa powder with hot water and oil, add to melted chocolate. mix well. add in vanilla and salt..
- Whisk egg yolk and a third of sugar until pale, add in chocolate mixture. mix well. then fold in flour..
- Whisk egg white and rest of sugar until stiff..
- Fold in meringue into egg yolk mixture..
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 150oC for 50-60mins or until done. (A little crack due to my oven temperature) 🤓.
- Whipped Cream Frosting: In your mixing bowl place the whipping cream, vanilla extract, and sugar and stir to combine. Cover and chill the bowl and wire whisk in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, then beat the mixture just until stiff peaks form..
- Assemble Cake: Using a sharp knife, cut the genoise, horizontally, into two layers. Turn over the top layer of the cake (top of cake becomes bottom) and place on your serving plate. Brush the cake layer with 1/4 cup (60 ml) cherry syrup. Take about 200ml whipped cream and spread on the moistened genoise. Place the cherries evenly over the cream. Brush the cut-side of second genoise layer with 1/4 cup (60 ml) syrup. Place cut-side down on top of the cherries, gently pressing to compact..
- Reserve 250ml whipped cream and spread the remaining cream over top and sides of cake..
- Decorate with fresh cherries, shaved chocolate and chocolate curls..
- Ta daaa….
Delicious German classic: Black Forest Cake! Dark chocolate cake layers with a whipped cream frosting and cherries filling! If you heard of typical German bakes, you probably heard of this beauty: Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte aka. Some folks love it, some hate it like my dog. Black Forest Cake is one rich and decadent cake.