Over night soaked fruit cake. Speedy Christmas Cake that requires no overnight fruit soaking! An easy fruit cake that's rich with a velvety texture, super moist and full flavoured. I know Christmas is coming so everyone has almost started with the Fruitcake preparations.
I show you all the tips and tricks to successfully soak fruits for Christmas. This Recipe is the first step to start making your Traditional Christmas Cake (Soak the fruits in Rum). This light and fruity afternoon treat uses our new National Trust Fairtrade tea; blended exclusively for us in partnership with Clipper. You can cook Over night soaked fruit cake using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Over night soaked fruit cake
- It’s 225 g of plain flour.
- It’s 225 g of butter.
- It’s 225 g of dark brown sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of mixed spice.
- You need 1 of kilo mixed fruit.
- It’s 750 of fl orange/apple juice (brandy if wish).
If you leave the fruit to soak overnight this will impart more of the tea flavour to the fruit. Soak the dry fruits in either of the juice overnight in the fridge. This easy fruit cake recipe is an easy christmas cake recipe with rum. Tip the dried fruits, ginger and rum into a bowl and leave to soak for a couple of hours or overnight, if you like.
Over night soaked fruit cake step by step
- Measure out all fruit and mixed with fluids. Leave overnight to soak up the liquid and expand the fruit..
- Preheat oven to 140 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, spices, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the fruit, mixing as you go..
- Transfer the cake into greased tins..
- Leave to cook for 4 hours, after look for a spongy top and a clean knife..
When soaked overnight in milk, oats become tender and creamy. Unlike oatmeal, the uncooked but softened oats retain a fresh flavor and, of course, they're delicious cold. Soaking dried fruit — use your favorite — alongside the oats sweetens the mixture nicely, but you can stir in additional sugar, maple. Fruit cakes are so popular in Kerala, that almost all the bakeries will have their special cake, and most Christian families have one special too.dry fruits soaked in rum or brandy plays the most important role in this cake, though you can also soak dry fruits overnight; if you do not like too much rum. Dried fruit is soaked in tea, preferably overnight, and then mixed with flour, sugar, spices and an egg.