Chocolate Sponge Cake (Sokolatopita). Greek Sokolatopita is a soft, dense, moist & ultra chocolatey flavored cake. Chocolate Sponge Cake – Fluffy, moist and perfectly leveled – this sponge cake recipe is the one to have as it works every time. Prep: Gather your ingredients and measure them before starting.
I like the texture as it reminds me of the molten chocolate cakes or maybe a baked chocolate mousse. But the downside is that the sponge is quite fragile. Mary Berry's moist chocolate sponge cake with rich ganache icing is super easy and deliciously naughty. You can cook Chocolate Sponge Cake (Sokolatopita) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Sponge Cake (Sokolatopita)
- You need of Syrup:.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 250 grams of Butter.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cups of Cocoa.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cognac (optional).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Vanilla powder extract or liquid.
- Prepare of Sprinkles (optional).
- It’s of Cake batter:.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of All purpose flour.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
Spread the tops of each cake with apricot jam. Fill the cakes with half of the icing and spread the remainder on top. Draw large "S" shapes over the cake with a palatte knife to give a swirl. Need a simple, no-fail chocolate sponge cake recipe for your next cake creation?
Chocolate Sponge Cake (Sokolatopita) instructions
- In a large sauce pan melt butter, sugar, cocoa, water..
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking power, salt and eggs. Beat nicely and set aside..
- Before pouring syrup into the batter, set aside 1 small cup of syrup. Pour syrup very slowly and mix..
- Stir cake batter and add in the Vanilla extract..
- Pour in Cognac. Pour batter into a buttered baking pan, and bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees..
- This cake will not rise like the normal sponge cake, this is a bit flatter, buttt two pieces one on top of the other will absolutely do the trick, as you can see in the picture. 🙂 The cup of syrup that was set aside you can use to pour onto each piece as an added addition, I added sprinkles on this piece 🙂 Hope you enjoy this recipe!!! Kali Orexi!!! 🙂.
I've got you covered with this fantastic, rich and chocolate-y version! While most chocolate cakes tend to be dense and fudge-y, this recipe yields a super fluffy, light as air cake layer that will surprise you! recipes. Butter paper and sides of pan; dust with cocoa powder, tapping out excess. This classic chocolate sponge cake recipe is so easy to make and just perfect for sharing. Turn the chocolate sponge cake upside down so the top becomes the bottom.