Mincemeat. Add mincemeat to one of your lists below, or create a new one. Mincemeat, the traditional filling for mince pies, is a spicy preserve comprising a mixture of dried fruit, apple, suet and candied fruit and spices steeped in rum or brandy. Mincemeat developed as a way of preserving meat.
The term gets its name from fine cutting of animal ingredients and fruit, essentially mincing the ingredients needed to make mincemeat. mincemeat [ˈmɪnsmi:t]Существительное. mincemeat / mincemeats. Can Mincemeat Be Canned For Long-Term Storage? Homemade Mincemeat is a spicy sweet preserve consisting of a mixture or dried and candied fruits, apples, and spices that are heavily laced with brandy or rum. You can cook Mincemeat using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mincemeat
- It’s 600 grams of apple, very finely diced.
- You need 300 grams of butter (or vegan shortening).
- You need 450 grams of Thompson raisins.
- You need 275 grams of golden raisins.
- It’s 275 grams of currants.
- You need 450 grams of brown sugar.
- Prepare 500 ml of orange marmalade (I use dark).
- It’s 275 grams of mixed citrus peel.
- Prepare 100 grams of citron peel.
- It’s 75 grams of slivered almonds.
- You need 10 grams of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 grams of ground cloves.
- Prepare 2 grams of ground cardamom.
- You need 5 grams of ground allspice.
- Prepare 125 ml of brandy or rum.
Mincemeat is a traditional English treat that is usually used as filling for mince pies during This recipe uses butter instead of the traditional suet, which makes this mincemeat suitable for vegetarians. Mincemeat definition is – minced meat. For minced meat, see Ground meat. A mixture, as of finely chopped apples, raisins.
Mincemeat step by step
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat..
- Let simmer 45-60 minutes, until the dried fruits are plum and the mixture begins to thicken..
- Let cool to room temperature, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container, up to 1 month,.
Watch how to make mincemeat for Christmas! Find this mincemeat recipe and loads more on Allrecipes.co.uk, the UK and Ireland's largest online community of home cooks See more ideas about Mince meat, Recipes, Food. Mincemeat definition: Mincemeat is a sticky mixture of small pieces of dried fruit. Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples. Транскрипция и произношение слова "mincemeat" в британском и американском вариантах. Подробный перевод и примеры. Fill your mince pies with this easy to make, delicious, homemade Christmas mincemeat.