Kicked Up Hot Chocolate. My Kicked Up Hot Chocolate is the perfect sippable dairy-free, superfood treat. Hi, my name is Steph, and I'm a choco-holic. I took everything literally and was super strict with myself.
My Kicked Up Hot Chocolate is the perfect sippable dairy-free, superfood treat. This dairy-free holiday favorite is packed with superfood ingredients like gelatin, cacao, and turmeric. Take an instant hot cocoa packet, some milk and one of these options for delicious goodness! 'Tis the season to curl up in your cozy PJ's, grab a blanket and enjoy a warm cup of hot chocolate! You can have Kicked Up Hot Chocolate using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kicked Up Hot Chocolate
- You need 3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coffee liqueur.
- You need 1 tbsp of dark rum or brandy.
We adore this wintry beverage in my home- simple, chocolatey goodness, but with endless flavor options! Looking for yummy ways to add a little oomph to a cup of hot chocolate? Want to cozy up to a cup of Irish hot chocolate? How about an Aztec or vegan version of this popular winter drink?
Kicked Up Hot Chocolate instructions
- In a saucepan, bring the milk and cream to a low boil. Remove from heat..
- Whisk the cocoa powder and vanilla into the milk. Add the sugar and simmer over medium heat, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Add the coffee liqueur and dark rum(or brandy) and stir well. Remove from heat..
- Take 4 mugs, wet the rims and dip into cocoa powder. Pour hot chocolate into mugs and top with whipped cream and grated chocolate..
Tonight is tree decorating and hot chocolate in the Larson household but after having cup after cup of diluted, bland only semi-chocolatey drinks in hand – we're kicking up the packets of powder with a little bit of wow. If you're hand in the kitchen, all of these add-ins taste better with real, homemade hot. Make sure your hot chocolate is as hot as you can get it without allowing it to boil, and pop in a scoop of your A dash of your favorite hot sauce kicks a hot chocolate into high gear. I hope I've inspired her to try a few more. Top hot chocolate with whipped cream and peppermint pieces.