Vegetable and potato patties. These appetizing Vegetable Patties are a delicious treat. They are loaded with potatoes, carrots, corn, green beans, peas, and cooked in flavorful Indian spices! They are vegan, gluten-free and taste amazing!
Form vegetable mixture into small flat patties. Another tip I would follow next time is to cook the patties immediately after shaping (I only cooked a few and stored the rest in the refrigerator but they had darkened due to the potato, which was at worse not too appetizing. Leftover mashed potatoes aren't very good if you just reheat them and serve them as is. You can have Vegetable and potato patties using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegetable and potato patties
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of precooked veggies (cut in small cubes).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated cheese.
- You need 1 of small onion (finely chopped).
- Prepare 2 handfuls of flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need of Parsley flakes.
- Prepare of Sunflower oil.
- It’s of Sunflower seeds.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of mashed potatoes.
You have to add something to them to make them flavorful. Crispy Potato Patties are a classic side dish, perfect to serve with everything from meatloaf to roasted chicken. Or you can serve them as an appetizer. Mashed potatoes are tasty enough on their own, but did you know that you can make them even tastier by making them into patties and frying them?
Vegetable and potato patties step by step
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, vegetables, cheese, salt and pepper, and the onion.
- Add the flour and bread crumbs till most of the moisture is gone.
- Add the parsley flakes and sunflower seeds for extra flavour and crunch.
- Roll into medium sized ovals.
- Place sunflower oil in low headed pan.
- Cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side.
With just a few extra ingredients, you'll have a delicious meal. Mix mashed potatoes, flour, onion, egg, black pepper, and salt together in a bowl until batter consistency. Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Tip – if the potato mixture will try to stick to your hands when forming the patties. Potatoes, grown in cooler climates or seasons around the world, are often thought of as roots because they usually grow in the ground.