Yummy moussaka. This moussaka (baked in owen) is the classic recipe that is very delicious and easy to make. This eggplant dish is one the most popular dishes in Greece. The traditional Greek version of moussaka is made by layering eggplant, a meat filling, and creamy béchamel sauce.
Moussaka, undoubtedly one of the most well known classic Greek recipes, is traditionally made by layering meat and sliced aubergines (eggplant) and topped with a bechamel sauce. This moussaka is mostly authentic with a couple of twists for added flavor. Traditional moussaka uses ground lamb while most modern versions use ground beef. You can cook Yummy moussaka using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yummy moussaka
- It’s 3 of eggplants.
- It’s 4 tbsp of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 200 g of minced meat of your choice.
- Prepare 150 g of smoked cheese.
- Prepare 100 ml of tomatoe puree.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of carrots.
- You need Half of garlic.
- It’s 3 of onions.
- It’s 100 ml of oil for frying.
- You need of Any spice mix.
- You need 100 ml of milk.
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 5 tbsp of all purpose flour.
I took culinary license to add the additional. Moussaka is probably one of my ultimate favorite comfort foods of all times! Alright, now time to assemble all these yummy components and turn them into Moussaka!! How to make an easy Greek moussaka – the ultimate guide!
Yummy moussaka step by step
- Wash the eggplants and slice them thin, salt them well and put them aside until the rest of the ingredients are ready. Juices will come out, and we will rinse them once with water. Then we fry them in a pan in oil until grilled..
- Lets prepare a bolognese type of sauce. Saute the squared onions and garlic on 3 tbsp of oil, add the thinly sliced carrots, and the spice mix. Once the onion is translucent, add the minced meat, mix well. When the meat has fried a bit, add the tomatoe sauce and stir well. Now cover it and cook it until ready.
- Make the beshamell sauce: melt the butter in a pan, add the flour, add some salt and nutmeg if you have, add the milk, keep stirring constantly until thick, then put aside..
- Create the layers in the casserole dish: meat then eggplant, layers of cheese in between, repeat until you run out of meat and eggplant and cover it with the beshamell sauce.
- On top of beshamell sauce, add the breadcrumbs and the olive oil. Bake in the oven approximately 15- 30 minutes until the breadcrumbs is golden.yummy..
Layer up roasted eggplant, meat sauce and bechamel for a Greek taverna experience in your own home. Moussaka is to the Greek what Lasagna is to Italians. I have visions of Greek Mamas having heated debates about what makes a great moussaka, arguing over earth shattering things like Moussaka by Greek chef Akis Petretzikis! Are you ready to try one of the most amazingly delicious dishes you have HTML. recipes_cont_yummy_news-undefined. akispetretzikis.com. Σε αναμονή. Cover leftover moussaka with plastic wrap and freeze for up to four months.