Salmon Burgers. Salmon Burgers from Delish.com make for a lighter and refreshing dinner any night of the week. A salmon burger is a type of fishcake made mostly from salmon in the style of a hamburger. The salmon requires a binder to make it stick together and is easy to overcook which makes it too dry.
I love that they are made with wild salmon but don't love the canola oil on the ingredients list. And I can tell they are really fried in oil. Salmon burgers are one of those foods that always seem like they should taste better than they do. You can cook Salmon Burgers using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Salmon Burgers
- Prepare 1 can of salmon, around 14oz.
- You need 1 of jumbo egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh or dried herbs (parsley or dill or chive or etc).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion powder or 1/4 cup chopped onions.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s A few of generous grinds of freshly cracked pepper.
- Prepare 1 of chopped scallion.
- Prepare of Serving options.
- It’s of Lemon wedges.
- Prepare of Smoked paprika.
- You need of Shredded cabbage.
- It’s of Cherry tomatoes.
- It’s of Avocado.
- Prepare of Tartar sauce.
- Prepare of Chipotle mayo.
In my mind, I picture a delicate yet fatty fish patty, seasoned well, with a lightly seared crust and a tender. These Easy to Make Salmon Burgers come together with no fancy equipment. Easy Salmon Burgers, fast and easy made with canned salmon, cracker crumbs, chopped celery and onions. Easy becomes delicious, especially when served with a little Greek Yogurt Dill Sauce.
Salmon Burgers instructions
- Drain the canned salmon, reserving the liquid..
- Beat the egg in a bowl. Use a fork to mix in the salmon and all the rest of the ingredients with the egg..
- Form patties. I usually do ones about 3-4in wide and 1/2in thick but you can do whatever size you like. If the mix is feeling too dry and won't stick together into patties, add some of the reserved salmon liquid to moisten..
- Fry patties in oil over medium to medium-high heat till they are nice and crispy and browned on both sides..
- Serve with your choice of dressings..
These salmon burgers are THE YUMMIEST! And made with just five ingredients. Salmon Burgers with Lemon Dill Sauce. Salmon burgers make a great alternative to beef burgers. Made with only a few ingredients, they're nutrient-dense, protein-packed & fun for summer grilling!