Italian Wedding Soup Instant Pot IP. The term "wedding soup" comes from the Italian phrase "minestra maritata" or "married soup", which means that the meat and greens cooked together make Then mix the "sausage" half and the regular ground turkey half together. Continue on to make the recipe. Can I make Instant Pot Italian Wedding.
Get ready for the amazingness you're about to experience because the Instant Pot just took this classic soup to the next level! I like mine with some shredded parmesan on top. Searching for a delicious Instant Pot recipe? You can have Italian Wedding Soup Instant Pot IP using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup Instant Pot IP
- It’s 2 TBSP of olive oil.
- You need of Meat balls.
- It’s 1 pound of ground sausage.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 TBSP of minced garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs (preferably panko).
- You need 2 TBSP of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of fresh chopped sage.
- Prepare of Soup.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 of carrots chopped.
- You need 3 TBSP of minced garlic.
- It’s 6 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1 TBSP of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 2 TBSP of fresh chopped sage.
- You need 1 of Parmesan cheese rind.
- It’s 1 TSP of kosher salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of orzo.
- You need 4 oz of baby spinach.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare of Grated Parmesan cheese.
This easy Italian Wedding Soup recipe is a yummy and hearty meal for the enitre family on a cold winter day! Been dying to use your Instant Pot? So I went on the hunt for some of my family's favorite meals to make in it. Calling this "Italian wedding soup" is somewhat of a misnomer since the dish is unrelated to weddings.
Italian Wedding Soup Instant Pot IP step by step
- Take all ingredients for the meat balls and mix by hand in a bowl..
- Form into 1 inch balls. Set aside..
- Turn on instant pot on saute hi. When pot reads hot add in the olive oil..
- Brown the meat balls in batches. Don't cook them completely..
- Remove meat balls and set aside..
- Add onions and carrots to the pot stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add garlic. Again stirring occasionally for another minute..
- Add in broth. Stirring/scrapping the bottom of the pot to remove any bits stuck to the bottom..
- Stir in Worcester sauce, sage, salt, and the Parmesan rind..
- Add in orzo and meatballs..
- Seal instant pot and cook at high pressure for 3 minutes. Then allow a 15 minute natural release. Release the rest of the pressure..
- Remove lid and stir in spinach till it wilts..
- Ladle into bowl and top with grated Parmesan cheese..
The name is said to come from the words "minestra maritata," which mean "married soup." Here, rather than the couple joining together, it's all the flavors in the pot that balance each other so. My whole family loves Italian wedding soup, and if you love ordering it at your favorite restaurant, don't wait for another second to pass to make my recipe. My Instant Pot shaves so much time off my time in the kitchen, without taking away any flavor. The Instant Pot makes even richer and more flavorful. My recipe for Instant Pot Italian wedding soup calls for pressure cooking the meatballs and pasta together in the broth – convenience without sacrificing Traditional Italian Wedding Soup recipes call for escarole but I substitute baby spinach.