Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage. In a bowl, combine walnuts, Parmesan and panko; sprinkle evenly over squash bowls and coat with cooking. Finding healthy recipes the family will eat is a challenge. This elegant squash is one we love, and it works with pork, turkey and chicken sausage.
I use a sweet Italian Turkey sausage. Instead of rosemary I include oregano, basil. Baked spaghetti squash tossed with sautéed onions, kale, sausage, and Parmesan cheese. You can cook Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage
- You need 3 of acorn squash.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of Olive oil cooking spray.
- You need 3 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of spicy Italian turkey sausage.
- You need 1 of large leek.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 4 cups of baby kale.
- You need 1/3 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
- You need 3 tsp of parmesan cheese, freshly grated.
- You need 3 tbs of panko breadcrumbs.
- It’s of Red pepper flakes, optional.
Turkey Mushroom Apple Stuffed Acorn SquashThe Clean Eating Couple. Stuffed Acorn Squash with Turkey Sausage & CranberriesFitbit. dried sage, garlic, ground turkey Fire Roasted Garlic Turkey Chili Stuffed Acorn SquashCupcakes and Kale Chips. To make the turkey sausage: In a medium bowl, combine the thyme, sage, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Add the turkey and mix well.
Acorn Squash with Kale and Turkey Sausage step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut the squash in half. Cut a thin slice off the round side of each squash half to create a stable base. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; coat with cooking spray. Place squash flesh side down on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil; bake until golden and tender, 40 minutes. Remove from oven; flip squash and set aside..
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon oil. Add sausage; cook, breaking into coarse pieces, until brown, 6 minutes; transfer to a bowl. To same skillet, add remaining 2 teaspoons oil and leek; cook until leek is soft, 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook, 30 seconds. Add kale and toss; add broth. Cover and cook until kale is tender, 5 minutes; stir in sausage. Divide kale-sausage filling among squash..
- In a bowl, combine walnuts, Parmesan, panko and optional red pepper flakes; sprinkle evenly over squash bowls and coat with cooking spray. Broil until panko is golden, 2 minutes..
Trim the ends off the squash so that it will sit flat. Rich in vitamin A, acorn squash is loaded with flavor and provides its own elegant serving vessel. Pair this turkey sausage- and brown rice-stuffed squash with a Spoon sausage mixture into squash shells; place in prepared pan. Prepare turkey sausage: In a medium bowl, combine sausage ingredients and mix well. Acorn squash is at its peak in the fall, and we like it with stuffed with this delicious mixture of spicy ground turkey, mushrooms and a zesty ragu for a nutritious.