Upgraded chicken cordon bleu. This Chicken Cordon Bleu just got a SERIOUS upgrade! I used a much higher grade of meat than ham, and a much tastier cheese than swiss. He then suggested "steak, lobster or chicken cordon bleu" He knew I was NOT making steak or lobster 🙂 Don't laugh (i've been living under a rock) but I had no idea what chicken cordon bleu even was!
They are a family favorite and I love to serve them with Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and Cauliflower Au Gratin. Chicken is by far one of the most versatile meats. Season the chicken breasts with the salt, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano, tossing to coat evenly. You can have Upgraded chicken cordon bleu using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Upgraded chicken cordon bleu
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 50 grams of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s 80 grams of grated cheese (gouda).
- It’s 80 grams of brie (sliced).
- It’s 2 slice of ham.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cream cheese.
- You need 6 dash of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika powder.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/3 cup of panko crumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s 50 grams of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Flip once while cooking and monitor temperature. In bowl, combine shredded cooked chicken, condensed chicken soup and Dijon mustard. Mix well and spread into casserole dish. Next top with shredded deli ham and then Swiss cheese.
Upgraded chicken cordon bleu instructions
- Smash the chicken beasts with a heavy pan so that they are an even thickness throughout the fillet. Don't make it too thin!.
- Carefully slice a pocket into the chicken fillet. Be careful to not cut through the whole fillet..
- In one deep plate, crack the egg. Add half of the garlic and paprika powder and some salt and pepper. In another deep plate, mix the panko and parmesan with the remaining garlic and paprika powder along with some salt and pepper..
- In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese, gouda and worchestershire together. Divide the mixture in half. Spread the mixture into the chicken pockets. Top three mixture with a slice of ham. Top the ham with slices of brie. Close your fillet..
- Turn your pan on medium low and put the butter and olive oil in..
- Carefully dredge the stuffed chicken one by one first through the egg and then through the panko. Make sure the whole fillet is covered and closed. Place in the pan and cook about 7-8 minutes per side until cooked. To be sure, turn the heat on low and cook for 1 more minute per side with a lid on..
- Serve with anything from potato wedges and broccoli or with a salad.
In separate bowl heat butter in microwave, when melted add the crushed Ritz Crackers and. The chicken will bake into a beautiful, golden, and crispy piece of meat that's perfectly swirled on the inside. Chicken Cordon Bleu sauce really completes this dish. The term can now apply to any superior cook (yes, men too), and also to this dish (chicken, ham and Swiss cheese slices, breaded and sauteed). This yummy version adds paprika and a creamy white wine sauce worthy of its own blue ribbon.