Northern Italy savoury pie. Jump to navigation Jump to search. Wikimedia Commons has media related to Savoury pies. There are few things better in the world than biting into a hot pork pie and having the luscious savoury jelly dribble down your chin.
I thought I would share this Spinach Ricotta Rustic Pie just before Easter as a lot of us will be serving a meatless Good Friday meal. Australia Canada France Germany Greece Ireland Italy Japan New Zealand Poland Portugal Russia Spain The Netherlands United Kingdom United States. Savoury pie Casatiello Slice of savoury pie Barbotta – onion pie, traditional food from Lunigiana, Italy Chickpea Savoury Tart Cooking in Wood-burning Professional Oven Sicilian bakery. You can have Northern Italy savoury pie using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Northern Italy savoury pie
- Prepare 1 packages of puff pastry.
- You need 3 of stewed potatoes.
- You need 50 grams of speck or another smoked salami.
- It’s 15 grams of unsalted butter.
- You need 30 grams of brie cheese.
- You need 50 ml of milk.
- It’s 1 of chopped parsley.
Savoury pies, the comfort food you've almost forgotten about. One bite will remind you of the allure of a just-baked pie. The pastry might consist a sturdy shortcrust base with a puff pastry top like in Bourke Street Bakery's traditional meat pie; light and feathery as in the turmeric and ginger chicken. Northern Italy comprises eight provinces all boasting unique and delicious culinary traditions.
Northern Italy savoury pie instructions
- Nash the potatoes with parsley.
- Cut speck into thin strips.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan with speck for 3 minutes.
- Add speck to the mashed potatoes.
- Melt brie together with milk in the frying pan you used before.
- Add melted brie to mashed potatoes.
- Mix everything and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Unroll the puff pastry on the tart tin (baking sheet recommended) and poke holes at the bottom. (You can save part of the pastry to decorate).
- Add the filling and close borders using a fork.
- Preheat oven at 180°C and cook for 25 minutes.
- Add some fresh cheese on the top of the pie and cook for other 10 minutes.
Panettone is a Christmas culinary tradition throughout Italy, but it originated in Milan. The tall dome-shaped loaf (or some would say cake) is light and airy with a savoury buttery flavour. Best trips to northern Italy and escorted northern Italy tours. Click for lowest price all-inclusive northern Italy vacation packages. Northern Italy is the home of fine cashmere and popular Made in Italy fashion brands, motorcars like Ferrari, Ducati, and Maserati, Parmigiano Reggiano, San Daniele.