Steamed Buns with Braised Brisket.
You can cook Steamed Buns with Braised Brisket using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Buns with Braised Brisket
- You need 2.5 lb of brisket.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cooking fat (such as canola oil or duck fat).
- It’s 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 quart of beef stock.
- It’s 1.5 cups of roughly chopped cilantro, divided.
- You need 1 tablespoons of whole coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of whole cumin seeds.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of whole fennel seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh ginger.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 8 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sambal oelek (or other chili paste).
- Prepare to taste of salt and black pepper.
- You need 12 of steamed buns, frozen.
- It’s 4 of carrots, shredded.
Steamed Buns with Braised Brisket step by step
- Preheat oven to 285°F..
- Pat the brisket dry and season generously on both sides with salt and black pepper..
- Heat the cooking fat in a large dutch oven until shimmering. Add the brisket, fat side down until it gets a good sear, about 3-4 minutes. Flip and sear the other side..
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, Worcestershire sauce and the beef stock to the dutch oven with the brisket and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer..
- Add 1 cup of the cilantro, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, ginger, garlic and sugar to the dutch oven. Return to a simmer..
- Place the lid on the dutch oven and put in the oven. After 2 hours in the oven, add the sambal oelek to the cooking liquid and stir gently. Cook an additional 30-60 minutes until the brisket reaches an internal temperature of about 200°F. Remove from the oven and set aside the brisket on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil..
- While the brisket rests, steam the frozen buns for about 5-6 minutes..
- Strain the remaining liquid, simmer and reduce for about 10-12 minutes..
- Slice the brisket into sizes that fit on the steamed buns..
- Assemble: place 1-2 pieces of brisket on each steamed bun. Carefully spoon sauce on the brisket, then add cilantro and shredded carrot to taste. If desired, top with sambal oelek. Serve with rice topped with a bit of the sauce and sambal oelek if desired..