Smoked Beef Brisket. The go-to guide for perfect Smoked Brisket every time, from selecting, trimming and how to smoke beef brisket. A Smoked Brisket Recipe can be perfected by following some key steps. At the end of the day, smoked beef brisket is not about a recipe, it's a process you can only learn by practicing using a few key milestones while you smoke it.
All you need is salt, pepper, smoke, and time, and you're on your way to eating the best beef brisket of your life. I totally understand how intimidating it can be to smoke a huge, expensive brisket for the. Place brisket, fat side down on grill grate. You can have Smoked Beef Brisket using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Beef Brisket
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of kosher salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 10 lb of beef brisket.
Remove brisket, and wrap tightly in butcher paper. Trim the fat so it's one-quarter to one-half inch thick. At this point you have the option of leaving the brisket in its whole state or separating the flat and point before it's seasoned and smoked. Trim Tabb's Pig Powder, or your favorite BBQ dry rub.
Smoked Beef Brisket instructions
- Mix dry ingredients well in a bowl.
- Prepare brisket by trimming the fat cap down to around 1/4 inch. Don't go thinner, thicker is fine..
- Coat the brisket with dry rub and rub in. The whole brisket should have a brown red color when done..
- Wrap brisket in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours..
- Prepare your smoker for a long, 'low and slow' cook. I cook my brisket at 215°F for 16 hours, and always make sure the water pan has ample water. I use hickory for my smoke.
- Smoke it! It's done when the internal temperature is 190-200 degrees. When smoking the temperature will get into the 160's quickly but don't worry, it will stay there for hours as the fat and connective tissue renders. This is the magic of low and slow..
- Remove from smoker and immediately wrap in aluminum foil and place in a cooler to rest for 2 hours.
- Remove from cooler, unwrap and slice against the grain. Enjoy!.
Wood Chick's Mustard Sauce, recipe follows. Wood Chick's Beer Based Mop Sauce, recipe follows Behold the best smoked BBQ beef brisket recipe ever! Brisket is more than a recipe, it is a concept and a goal. It all begins by selecting the right meat, trimming it, seasoning it, smoking it, slicing it, and more. Follow this easy BBQ brisket guide for mouthwatering results!