Beef Brisket Chili. Pour enough boiling water over to cover. The perfect use for leftover brisket. My son and I concocted this brisket chili for a chili cook-off at his work.
Set out garnishes in separate dishes. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and brisket. Use all the same ingredients however smoke the brisket on a smoker instead of browning the meat. You can cook Beef Brisket Chili using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Brisket Chili
- Prepare 3 lb of beef brisket.
- Prepare 2 of red onions.
- Prepare 4 of jalapeno chillies.
- It’s 1 large of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 of heaped tbsp dried oregano.
- Prepare 2 of fresh bay leaves.
- Prepare 2 of red bell peppers.
- You need 2 of green bell peppers.
- It’s 800 grams of tin chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 400 grams of tin kidney beans.
- It’s 400 ml of beef stock.
- You need 1/2 bunch of coriander.
What Does Beef Brisket Taste Like? Long, slow cooking gives brisket rich beef flavor and a tender texture. Marinades intensify the flavor; marinate your brisket for a minimum of two hours but ideally. Place Boneless Beef Brisket Flat Half in stockpot; brown evenly.
Beef Brisket Chili step by step
- Place the cinnamon stick, cumin, paprika and oregano in a pestle and mortar. Bash and grind until the cinnamon is in very small flakes..
- Score the beef and rub the spice mix into the cuts.
- Season the beef and drizzle with olive oil. Brown in a hot pan..
- Finely slice the onion and fry in a little olive oil together with the chillies, finely sliced. You can control the heat of your chili by deseeding some of the chillies..
- Add the browned brisket to the pan with the onions and chillies and fry on a low heat..
- Place the bell peppers, roughly sliced, the bay leaves and chopped tomatoes in a large covered pot. Bring to the boil and then add the beef, onions and chillies..
- Bring back to the boil, cover and allow to simmer on a low heat for 4 hours..
- Remove the brisket from the pot, place on a large plate and use two forks to pull the beef apart into individual pieces..
- Remove the bay leaves and add the pulled beef and coriander back to the pot, together with the kidney beans..
- Bring back to the boil and simmer gently for a further 15 – 20 mins..
Combine water, chili garlic sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce. Pour over Brisket; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer. As far as I'm aware, the title for the world's best Chili still sits with the original Brisket will also work but it's leaner. Learn how to smoke a beef brisket with this simple and easy recipe.