Potato cakes with corned beef and cheese. And a potato cake is so versatile: you can add cheese, or something like cabbage or brussel sprouts if you're inspired by bubble and squeak. An easy recipe for comforting corned beef and potato cakes. This uses up leftover boiled potatoes -or you can cook double the amount of potatoes next time you.
You have to use an egg as a sticking agent, I don't see how it would hold together without. I just made these Corned Beef Hash Cakes with my leftovers from St Paddy's day. Since the potatoe cakes will be savory, you might want to do something with a sweet touch to it. You can cook Potato cakes with corned beef and cheese using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato cakes with corned beef and cheese
- It’s 6-7 of small-med potatoes.
- You need 1/4 of onion, diced.
- You need 3/4 can of corned beef.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/2 c of flour.
- Prepare 1 c of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 Tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of celery flakes.
- You need of cooking oil (vegetable).
Also, fresh fruit and, for If it's leftover corned beef and cabbage from the day before add all the veggies (like potatoes and carrots and turnips- thats what I make with my corned. This is a great-tasting corned beef casserole recipe made with hash brown potatoes and Swiss cheese. It's a great way to use leftover corned beef, or use canned corned beef in the recipe. The recipe calls for Swiss cheese, but a combination of Swiss and cheddar or a cheddar jack blend would.
Potato cakes with corned beef and cheese instructions
- Clean, peel and shred potatoes and refrigerate for approximately 1/2 hr..
- Mix in diced onions, corned beef and shredded cheese.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, salt, pepper, garlic and celery flakes.
- Mix all ingredients together, adding flour until a thick mix is achieved..
- Heat oil in a deep pan. (Oil should be about 1/2" deep.).
- Place dollops of the mixture in the oil..
- Fry a few minutes per side, until browned, spooning oil over each one as they cook. (This ensures that the insides are cooked through..
- Top the patties with a slice of cheese, sour cream and chives, or my favorite, salsa con queso..
Top with corned beef mixture and remaining cheese mixture. Press firmly with spatula to compact layers; cover with aluminum foil. Loaded with red potatoes and deli corned beef, our lightened-up version of corned beef hash delivers fresh flavors and a dose of fiber. I love Reubens, so I turned this classic sammie into a fun appetizer with corned beef and sauerkraut on waffle fries. For the potato cakes, place the mashed potato into a bowl with the cheese, flour and egg and mix well.