Vietnamese Roast Beef or Pastrami Rolls. See great recipes for Pastrami & Swiss Pinwheels, Brisket Pastrami too! – Vietnamese Fresh Spring Rolls – Vietnamese Roast Beef or Pastrami Rolls – Vietnamese Spicy Lemongrass Chicken – Ga Kho Gung (Braised Ginger Chicken) – Vietnamese Street Tacos – Nuoc Mam Cham (Fish Dipping Sauce) – Spicy Chicken Stir-fry – Vietnamese spring roll – Asian-inspired Sweet & Spicy Garlic Sauce – Asian Pasta Transfer the rolls to a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining wrappers, curry mayonnaise and filling. Transfer beef and any juices to slow cooker. Cook, stirring to remove any brown bits from bottom of pan.
But over the years, it has become a national phenomenon and one of America's favorite meats. Coat beef in Spice mix, wrap in foil; Slow cook or pressure cook until tender. Cool for ease of slicing before baking briefly just to seal the crust, then slice thinly, and pile high on rye bread. * Corned Beef is beef that's been brined, either brisket or silverside beef cuts. You can have Vietnamese Roast Beef or Pastrami Rolls using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Roast Beef or Pastrami Rolls
- Prepare 1 of large garlic clove (smashed).
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of green curry paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Asian fish sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1/2 lb of deli roast beef or pastrami, thinly sliced and cut into 1/2-inch strips.
- Prepare 24 of six-inch-round rice paper wrappers.
- It’s 4 cup of coleslaw mix (1 large carrot grated and 1/4 head of cabbage grated).
An economical cut sold in the fresh meat section of supermarkets. Not only was this good but probably the best pastrami sandwich I've had since moving to California! I also didn't have smoked paprika or white pepper. I didn't miss it and if you don't have it I wouldn't go out to buy it just for this recipe.
Vietnamese Roast Beef or Pastrami Rolls step by step
- In a mortar, pound the garlic to a paste with the brown sugar and green curry paste. Add the lime juice, fish sauce and 3 tablespoons of water. Stir in half of the cilantro and mint. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon of the green curry dipping sauce..
- In a large bowl, toss the coleslaw mix with the roast beef and the remaining cilantro and mint..
- Fill a pie plate with warm water. Dip 2 or 3 rice paper wrappers at a time in the water, then set them on a work surface to soften, about 1 minute. Spread a scant teaspoon of the curry mayonnaise on the bottom third of each wrapper and top with a scant 3 tablespoons of the roast beef filling. Roll the wrappers into tight cylinders, tucking in the sides as you go. Transfer the rolls to a plastic wrap–lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining wrappers, curry mayonnaise and filling..
- Just before serving, cut each roll in half and serve with the dipping sauce (cilantro and mint).
A very quick, very tasty way to use up leftover cooked beef used in things like broth (see notes to start from raw). Created to use up leftover brisket from making Vietnamese Pho. Cooked is tossed in a Vietnamese lemongrass marinade then pan fried until golden. Trim fat and wrap the roast in plastic wrap. Inject the brine in a one inch pattern all over the roast.