Corned Beef Pie. Use good-quality tinned corned beef for the best flavour and choose a reasonably waxy potato variety such as Desiree, that will hold its shape in the pie, giving a good texture. This traditional corned beef pie is simple and tasty. If you are cooking on a budget then this classic pie is a family favourite, packed with beef.
Corned beef is a brine-cured beef. The "corn" in corned beef refers to the "corns" or grains of A pie is a baked dish which is usually made of a pastry dough casing that covers or completely contains. Corned beef pie is a savory pie made with corned, or salted, beef. You can have Corned Beef Pie using 10 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Corned Beef Pie
- You need 1 packages of puff pastry.
- You need of seasoning.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need of filling.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- You need 1 dash of milk.
- It’s 2 of potatoes.
- It’s 1 can of corned beef (340g).
Although most recipes now call for canned corned beef, the original meat pies were made of leftover meat that was diced and baked in. Corned beef pie is made from corned beef, onion and often thinly sliced, cubed or mashed potato. It can be eaten hot or cold, making it a suitable common picnic food and also a 'winter warmer'. To assemble the rustic pie, layer half the corned beef, half the cheese and three-fourths of potato mixture in baked Repeat corned beef and cheese layers; sprinkle with remaining potato mixture.
Corned Beef Pie instructions
- Peal and thinly dice the onions.
- Peal and slice the potato.
- Add the potato and onion to a pan, bring to the boil, then simmer for 20-30 minutes (until the potato and onion is cooked and soft).
- Remove the pan from the stove, drain the water and add the can of corned beef.
- Use a potato masher to mash the corned beef, onion and potato together.
- Season as you like. I add a punch of salt and pepper and a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce..
- Leave the filling to cool.
- Roll out the pastry and place base in pie tin (I use an ~8 inch flan tin). Spoon in the cold filling until the pie is deep filled..
- Place the top of the pie on, sealing the corners..
- Cut some steam holes in the top the pie and brush with a dash of milk or egg..
- Pre-heat oven to 180°F..
- Place pie in the center of the pre heated oven until the pastry is golden (~20 mins).
- Remove from the oven when the pastry is golden.
Corned beef pie is a traditional British pie. It can be eaten hot or cold, making it good for Allegedly in Australia, corned beef pie (generally made with potato and tinned corned beef) is one of the few. Corned Beef is the most delicious and flavorful entree, perfect served alongside potatoes and cabbage (or for making a delicious Reuben Sandwich)! Combine beef, onion and mixed veggies. Rinse the beef completely and pat dry.