Broccoli Salad. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Watch how to make my favorite broccoli salad in this short recipe video! This broccoli salad is so fresh, light and healthy.
The Best Broccoli Salad combines fresh broccoli, crispy bacon, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, shredded cheese and creamy dressing. This easy salad is the best of both worlds – healthier and. Broccoli salad is a combination of broccoli, bacon, red onion, cranberries, sunflower seeds and goat cheese. You can cook Broccoli Salad using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Salad
- Prepare 10 slices of bacon.
- You need 1 head of fresh broccoli cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped red onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins (substitute dried cranberries, if desired).
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of white sugar (omit, if desired – I find it too sweet).
- It’s 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 cup of sunflower seeds.
And it's topped with a creamy mayonnaise yogurt dressing. This healthy Broccoli Salad is crunchy, fresh, and full of flavor! It has just a touch of creaminess and lots of texture. One of the things that has worked best for me when trying to eat healthier is simply.
Broccoli Salad instructions
- Cook bacon, drain, crumble and set aside..
- In a medium bowl, combine the broccoli, onion and raisins..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss until well mixed. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours..
- Before serving, toss with crumbled bacon and sunflower seeds..
- Serve and enjoy!.
Fresh broccoli salad is creamy, salty, tangy, sweet, and oh, so delicious. My grandma has been making this for holidays and family get-togethers for as long as I can remember. This crunchy broccoli salad loaded with bacon, carrots, and almonds will be the star side dish of your next BBQ. Pro tip: This is how you get broccoli haters to eat the green stuff. This healthy broccoli salad has crunchy broccoli, apple, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries in a creamy homemade dressing.