Ham, Broccoli, Gouda Cheese Soup. I have been making broccoli cheese soup for years but this version is MUCH easier!! When you can't decide whether to make potato, ham, or broccoli-cheese soup, try this soup that combines them all! This is a soup for when the weather is bitter and you crave serious, starchy comfort food.
It is the perfect cozy, comforting soup for any time of the year. You know, with all the cheese and ham. There's no snow for us in Southern California but it's still soup weather! You can cook Ham, Broccoli, Gouda Cheese Soup using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham, Broccoli, Gouda Cheese Soup
- It’s 4 ounces of Gouda cheese.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter divided.
- It’s 1 pound of broccoli.
- It’s 15 ounces of canned evaporated milk.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 pound of smoked ham.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of tarragon.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dill weed plus more for garnish.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
I love cheesy potato soup but since I'm diabetic now, I can't have the carbs. This is a wonderful alternative and GREAT for diabetics! The only carbs are in the milk, and the little bit of flour! And it's so easy to throw together!
Ham, Broccoli, Gouda Cheese Soup step by step
- Steam the broccoli. Cube the ham and fry it in a deep pan, with the black pepper, 2 tablespoons of butter, and tarragon..
- Grate the gouda. Melt the butter with the ham add the seasonings except for some of the dill for garnish..
- When butter is melted add the milk and cheese. Stir till the cheese is creamy don't boil or your soup may break and become grainy. Stir in the broccoli. Mix the flour and water and stir in till it is as thick as you like. Garnish and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
I just steam the broccoli in the microwave, and then chop it, and the ham. Broccoli Cheese Soup With Velveeta In Crock Pot Recipes. Cheese goes with everything, especially in these recipes for cheese soup, including French onion soup, potato cheese soup, cream cheese soup, vegetable cheese soup, cheese chowder and more. No need to go out to a well known bread company, this copycat broccoli cheddar soup is incredibly smooth, rich, and full of great broccoli cheese flavors! Serve this thick, hearty broccoli soup up in toasted bread bowls and even broccoli haters will rejoice; throw in some cubed, cooked ham at the end for Plus, it's super easy to add ham at the very end, so it's a beaut for starting out as vegetarian and then adding meat just for the carnivores.