Stir-Fry Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce. Beef Stir Fry With Broccoli & Oyster Sauce (Chinese Style Cooking Recipe) Welcome to Xiao's Kitchen. Heat a wok until smoking, pour in the oil then add beef. The Food Lab: Stir-Fried Beef With Broccoli in Oyster Sauce.
For our beef and broccoli recipe, we wanted to make sure our beef was tender and our sauce deeply flavored and silky. Before we stir-fried the beef, we marinated thin slices in soy sauce for an hour, drained them, and cooked the beef at a v. Beef and Broccoli was one of the most popular dishes in our family's Chinese takeout restaurant. You can cook Stir-Fry Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stir-Fry Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce
- Prepare 100 grams of Beef Strips.
- Prepare 100 grams of Broccoli.
- Prepare 20 grams of Button Mushroom.
- Prepare 5 cloves (20 grams) of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 piece (50 grams) of White Onion.
- It’s 1 piece (30 grams) of Red Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Black Pepper.
Blanch the broccoli & sear the beef. Cook the sauce & stir-fry everything together. After tenderizing the meat, marinating it in some oil, oyster sauce, and cornstarch gives the beef that extra soft and. This authentic Chinese beef and broccoli stir-fry recipe is popular with Westerners and Chinese alike where it is eaten for its health benefits.
Stir-Fry Beef with Broccoli in Oyster Sauce instructions
- PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS: Cut the beef strips into pieces. Cut the broccoli into pieces. Slice the button mushroom. Chop the garlic. Cut the red bell pepper into strips. Slice the onions. ©homebasedchef.
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Sauté the chopped garlic in olive oil. Add the sliced button mushroom and stir. Add the sliced beef strips and cook until it turns light brown in color. We are using beef gyudon strips in this video but you can use any cut/part of the beef for as long as it is sliced thinly..
- Add the sliced red bell pepper and broccoli flowers and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp of butter for additional flavor and stir..
- Add a little amount of water around 1-2 tablespoons to wet the pan and the oyster sauce for flavoring and then mix well. Add the sliced white onions. We wanted to retain its crunch that's why we're added it last. Mix well to blend everything together..
- Cook for a few more minutes and you're done! This can be served as it is or with steamed white rice. ENJOY!.
This beef-and-broccoli stir-fry features a rich Asian-inspired sauce made from store-bought oyster sauce, dry sherry, soy sauce, sugar, and cornstarch. Cut in small pieces, broccoli can be quickly stir-fried and glazed with oyster sauce and a hint of sesame oil. Lee Kum Kee oyster sauce has a richer, more appealing flavor than brands developed for the American supermarket. Heat the remaining oil in the wok, stir-fry the broccoli and garlic until vegetables are just tender. Add the combined cornflour, water, sauces, sesame oil and rice wine vinegar to the wok Bring to the boil then return the beef then the snow peas to the wok, stir-fry until heated through.