Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker. Ingredients You Need To Make Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup. Cook mixture, stirring constantly until it begins to thicken then pour into a slow cooker along with chicken broth, diced broccoli and thyme. Stir to melt the cheese and mix it in.
This crockpot broccoli cheese soup is a cheesy comfort food classic that's warm and satisfying for everyone in the family. With just fifteen minutes of prep, your slow cooker does all of the work for you, and the result is a delicious soup that will have everyone spooning up seconds. When I want soup at a restaurant, it's broccoli-cheese all the way. You can cook Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker
- You need 6 cups of broccoli florets (from about 2 large heads broccoli).
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, peeled and shredded.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 oz. of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp. of dried oregano.
- You need 3/4 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each ground nutmeg, salt free all purpose seasoning.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 cups of freshly shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
When I make it at home it's creamy cheesy, exactly how I like it. —Kristen Hills, Layton, UT. Sides to have with Cheesy Broccoli Soup. This soup is fantastic on its own and doesn't really need any extras on the side. In my opinion, this is the best slow cooker broccoli cheese soup recipe, but I am a little biased.
Broccoli Cheese Soup – Slow Cooker instructions
- Grease your slow cooker (6 qt. size). Place the broccoli florets, shredded carrots, onion and garlic into the bottom. Top with the cream cheese, seasonings and broth. Give it all a stir, place the lid on and set the heat to low. Cook for 4-6 hours, until the broccoli is tender..
- Once the broccoli is tender, use an immersion blender to puree some of the soup, until it is mostly smooth, but still with some chunks. Whisk together the milk, cream and flour and stir it into the soup, along with the cheeses. Place the lid back on and set the heat to high. Let this cook another 30-45 minutes, or until the soup has thickened slightly, is fully heated through and the cheese has fully melted. Taste and add more seasonings if it needs it, then serve..
If you have some feedback, tips or anything else, then please don't hesitate to. Slow cooker broccoli cheese soup starts with a whole lotta broccoli. I use fresh, as mentioned above. I generally just buy the bags of already Toss the broccoli into a slow cooker. I use the Ninja and love it. (affiliate link).