Potato Broccoli Soup. This creamy and cheesy potato soup with broccoli comes together quickly for an easy and quick weeknight meal that everyone will love. They're cooked with the potatoes and then pureed to form a creamy base. A final touch of Parmesan gives the soup an Italian feel.
Add about a third of the broccoli, just enough so that it covers the bottom of the pan in a single. If I don't have frozen broccoli on hand, I like to use frozen spinach or chopped carrots and celery instead. —Mary Price, Youngstown, Ohio. Potato and Broccoli soup recipe by chef Kanak. You can cook Potato Broccoli Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Broccoli Soup
- You need 3 cups of diced broccoli heads.
- You need 3 of carrots peeled and diced.
- You need 6 of medium potatoes peeled and cubed into small pieces.
- It’s 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 8 cups of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 4 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garlic pepper.
- It’s 8 slices of bacon cooked and chopped.
Cheese compliments broccoli and potatoes so well. Ultimate comfort food when the weather starts to get colder. Cheese compliments broccoli and potatoes so well. Loaded with chicken, broccoli, cheese and creamy potatoes, this flavorful soup is just minutes away.
Potato Broccoli Soup step by step
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, and onion. Bring to a boil, cover and simme for about 10 minutes..
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes..
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (or until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens..
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Pour cheese sauce into the large pot and stir until well combined..
- Add salt and garlic pepper. Add bacon pieces to the soup..
- Serve warm. Enjoy..
This cheesy broccoli potato soup is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients but it's full of flavor and hearty goodness! The readers' comments say it best. Lightened Up Broccoli Cheese and Potato SoupBoys Ahoy. Add the garlic, broccoli stems, potatoes, broth, water, salt, and pepper. Return the soup to the pot and bring to a simmer.