Cheddar Broccoli Soup. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken broth and season generously with salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup Tips How do you keep broccoli cheddar soup from curdling? Curdling in a cream soup usually occurs when the milk or cream is added at too high of a heat. As you incorporate the milk and broth into the cooked onion and flour mixture, keep the heat at medium and stir continuously with a whisk. You can have Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- You need 4 of small (about 3 1/2 cups) heads of broccoli (chopped).
- You need 3 of (about 2 cups) carrots (shredded).
- You need 1 of medium onion (sweet or white).
- It’s 8 TBS of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of All Purpose Flour.
- You need 4 C of Chicken or vegetable broth.
- It’s 4 C of Half n Half.
- Prepare 1/2 TSP of nutmeg (ground).
- Prepare to taste of Pepper-add.
- It’s to taste of Salt-add.
- Prepare to taste of Red pepper (ground or flake)- add.
- You need 4 C of Shredded Sharp Cheddar.
- Prepare 1 Clove of garlic-chopped (Optional).
- Prepare of Bacon Bits or Pieces (For garnish-Optional).
Creamy and delicious broccoli cheddar soup made in ONE POT on the stovetop. This soup is easy to make and full of flavor (the "secret" to this soup is in the spices!). Serve this broccoli cheddar soup recipe with this Italian Salad, Roasted Vegetables, and/or a crusty loaf of bread! In a stockpot, melt butter over medium heat.
Cheddar Broccoli Soup instructions
- Prep all ingredient. Chop broccoli (bite size,each piece should fit on a spoon). Finely chop onion & garlic (if adding). Shred carrots. Measure out flour and liquid ingredients. This will make cooking quicker..
- Start by heating butter in a pot on med-low heat..
- Once butter has melted, add onions and garlic until translucent..
- Add flour,stir. Let flour lightly brown. (If it doesnt brown you will have a very flour-ie taste to your soup)..
- Once flour has browned,add your half n half..
- Let it come to a simmer on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes..
- Add chicken or vegetable broth and stir..
- Now, add carrots & broccoli and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender..
- Turn heat to low. Add your seasonings-salt,pepper,red pepper flakes,and nutmeg. Stir..
- Stir in cheese and turn heat off. Let cheese melt and serve!.
Cook onion in butter until softened. Stir in broccoli, and cover with chicken broth. No need to go out to a well known bread company, this copycat broccoli cheddar soup is incredibly smooth, rich, and full of great broccoli cheese flavors! I've been tweaking this recipe for years you guys. If you like Panera's broccoli cheddar soup, this blows the pants off it.