Greens and Beans. Greens and Beans is a classic Italian recipe that's as delicious and healthy as it is comforting. You'll want to make this easy regional specialty again and again! Why greens and beans on New Year's Day, you may ask?
This combination of fresh green beans and diced cooked bacon is a clever way to elevate your everyday green beans. Aid in Obesity If you are looking for a new low-calorie food addition to your. Learn how to make a classic Italian Beans and Greens Recipe! You can cook Greens and Beans using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Greens and Beans
- It’s 1 bunch of broccoli rabe.
- Prepare 1 can of cannellini beans, drained.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thin.
- You need 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Red pepper flakes.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
I hope you enjoy these delicious Beans and Greens! Green beans are a vegetable power house that'll instantly enhance any meal. Throw bacon and green beans in a slow-cooker to create the ultimate savory side dish that is perfect for any week night. Green beans, string beans, or snap beans are a rich source of vitamins A, C, and K, and of folic acid and fiber.
Greens and Beans step by step
- Chop the ends off the stalks of broccoli rabe, about one inch..
- Cook broccoli rabe uncovered in a pot of boiling salted water until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Drain and set aside..
- Sauté garlic and red pepper flakes in olive oil until almost blackened..
- Stir in the broccoli rabe and cannellini beans and continue sautéing until heated through. Add salt to your liking..
- Serve immediately with a loaf of crusty Italian bread..
- Buon appetito! 🇮🇹.
They have similar nutritional benefits to snap peas and okra. All green beans like a bit of support but pole beans grow much taller and really need trellis or poles to climb on to get a successful harvest. Growing string beans is so easy that even gardeners with a. Green beans are the unripe, young fruit and protective pods of various cultivars of the common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris). Immature or young pods of the runner bean (Phaseolus coccineus).