Tomato and basil brown rice. I like to make this Tomato Basil Rice with tomato paste rather than canned tomato or passata / puree because it yields the best result – fluffiest, most Medium grain white rice is the next best, followed by short grain rice. Mix well and check the seasonings. Add in the tomatoes and basil.
With brown rice in the refrigerator and tomatoes and basil on the counter, I was able to whip up this wholesome low fat brown rice tomato basil salad in less than ten minutes. I made a couple of adjustments. Mix well and check the seasoning. You can have Tomato and basil brown rice using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato and basil brown rice
- It’s 1 cup of Brown Basmati rice.
- It’s 2& 1/4 cup of Water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of Tomato,deseeded and chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Basil leaves chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of Pizza sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Sugar.
How to make tomato basil chicken rice. Because this is a one pot wonder, you need to start with a nice big, deep pan. I use my trusty buffet casserole but any large sauté pan will work well. Some tomato and rice soup recipes call for cooking the rice directly in the soup.
Tomato and basil brown rice step by step
- Wash and soak rice for one hour..
- In a pan add water and salt.Bring to a boil on high heat and add the rice.Turn heat to simmer and let cook until the rice is cooked through.Turn heat off and keep aside..
- In a bowl whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar,pizza sauce, chilli flakes and sugar..
- Add the balsamic vinegar dressing to the rice and stir through..
- Add the tomatoes and basil leaves..
- Serve hot..
Zucchini and Tomato Basil Brown Rice Bowl Recipe. Sometimes the simplest meals are the most delicious. This meal couldn't be easier but truly takes advantage of all the yummy summer produce available. Since we aren't using too many ingredients. A recipe for a chicken thigh and tomato basil rice casserole that can feed a crowd this summer.