Turkey and brown rice taco filling. Fill your freezer with these delicious turkey and brown rice taco burritos. Healthy, delicious and easy to make, they'll become a lunch and dinner staple! But again, you could play around with a different type of rice (and cooking method).
Healthy, delicious and easy to make, they'll become a lunch and dinner staple! Lean turkey taco meat and rice make the perfect filling for tacos, burritos, nachos, enchiladas, and quesadillas. Includes stove & Instant Pot instructions. You can have Turkey and brown rice taco filling using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey and brown rice taco filling
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- You need 1 cup of brown rice, prepared according to package directions.
- You need 1 of small onion diced.
- It’s 1 of small green bell pepper diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced pickled jalepenos.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of jarred chunky salsa. your favorite.
- Prepare 1 of pepper and adobo seasoning to taste.
Turkey Tacos that are quick, easy, healthy, juicy and packed with flavor – you won't even miss the beef with my secret ingredient! They are the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight meal yet just as crave worthy as more labor intensive dinners. We've fused two foodie favorites, bowls and tacos, to create one deliciously flavored turkey taco bowl filled with all your favorite Tex-Mex. Use just like regular taco filling.
Turkey and brown rice taco filling instructions
- In a non stick skillet, saute the onion, peppers,and jalepenos until softened. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink crumbling it as it cooks..
- Once its browned, add pepper and adobo. i added about 1/2 teaspoon for each. stir in the seasonings well and add the salsa and brown rice. stir until combined and let it cook until the pan looks somewhat dry. remove from heat and serve as a taco, burrito, enchilada, or tostada filling. i have also used this as a filling for lettuce wraps. servewith cheese, sour cream, extra salsa and hot sauce. Enjoy.
This is awesome served in a taco shell, rolled up like a burrito, or even served as-is with some veggies on the side. Is there anything about the recipe or process you would change? I'll try dumping it all in and cooking it on the brown rice setting. Learn how to make Turkey taco filling & see the Smartpoints value of this great recipe. Brown Rice Taco Bowls with Lime Crema – a quick, healthy, filling flavorful dinner that is also great for meal prep.