Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth. Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes "My family loved it. It was easy and made a colorful dish." – Elaine Calhoun. Lemon Pepper Green Beans "This is a great spin on an old side." – leexlee Savory Green Beans "A richly flavored, elegant side dish.
Giada's spicy parmesan green beans and kale is an easy dish that will have you licking the plate clean. Green beans are the unripe, young fruit and protective pods of various cultivars of the common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris). Immature or young pods of the runner bean (Phaseolus coccineus), yardlong bean (Vigna unguiculata subsp. sesquipedalis), and hyacinth bean (Lablab purpureus) are used in a similar way. You can have Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth
- Prepare of RICE.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter/margarine.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of French style frzn gr beans.
- You need 2 medium of Onions(1&¼ for the rice the remaining ¾ for the fish).
- It’s 1 of Salt & pepper to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sundried tomatoes blended together w oven-roasted garlic (tomatoes came in a jar packed in olive oil, roast the garlic then put it into the fp w the tomatoes & blend til paste like consistency, put back in jar, this way the r garlic won't go bad!).
- You need 2 cup of Instant brown rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of Pre-made chicken broth(like if you pre-boiled some chicken for baking or something. Or you can use water or store bought broth or use vegetable broth, I like to use homemade.).
- Prepare of Fish.
- You need 1 of Use the same chicken broth, enuf to cover the filets..
- It’s 8 medium of Tilapia filets(mine were frzn).
- You need 3/4 medium of Onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1 of Salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 of Garlic powder to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of (or, more or less to taste) lemon juice!.
- Prepare 1 of A couple dahes of chili oil.
- Prepare 1 of A couple dashes of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of Spanish paprika towards the end for taste, & then to garnish..
- You need 1 of A couple dashes of hot sauce.
Green beans are known by many common names, including French beans, string beans, snap. Season with salt and pepper; serve immediately. Perfect side dish with just about anything." – Happyschmoopies. Savory Green Beans "A richly flavored, elegant side dish.
Green beans & onion brown rice w fish & broth instructions
- FOR THE RICE: put the butter/margarine & the gr beans into a rice cooker. Turn the rice cooker on to start thawing the beans. Meanwhile, dice up 1&¼ of the onions up, (thinly slice the remaining ¾ for the fish).
- Once you hv the onion diced, add it to the beans. Stir it around a bit, then add the salt & pepper. Stir some more. Now add the tomatoes & stir. Mix well. Turn off cooker til you hv added the rice & broth..
- Next, add the rice & the broth, making sure to mix it well so you get everything well incorporated. Put on the lid & turn it on..
- FOR THE FISH: (I did mine on the stovetop. You can bake it if you like, just note that it might hv a different flavor or texture.) In a lrg skillet, add the broth, fish, & onion. Turn the burner on medium-med high. (note that the fish may overlap each other, this is ok.).
- Next, add your salt & pepper & garlic powder..
- (stir the rice & check on the doness.).
- Now you can add in the lemon juice, worcestershire, & the chili oil(can be replaced by red pepper flakes if you don't hv any oil.).
- Let this come to a boil. (it'll cook pretty fast once it starts boiling.) No need to flip the fish, just let them cook for now..
- Finally, check to see if your rice cooker has turned off (or over to warm), if it has, stir the rice & check the rice for doneness, & to see if it needs more liquid or not. Add if needed. Next, check on the fish. (note: fish will fall apart, this is suppose to happen! Instead of trying to flip the filets, just stir the fish til you hv lrg broken chunks of fish. Taste for seasoning lvl. Add more seasonings @ this time if they are needed..
- @ this time, if everything is done, add the paprika & let cook for another 2-3 min. Then add in a dash or 2 of hot sauce if desired..
- To serve, mound some of the rice in the center of a bowl & ladle some of the fish w broth on top then add a little extra broth over the whole thing..
Most Made Today Green beans are super easy to incorporate into everything from side dishes to main courses. Also called string beans, green beans are made up of small seeds encased in long pods. Because beans are harvested while still young, the pods are tender and edible. In Season: Green beans are available year-round with a peak season of May to October. Steaming green beans is better than boiling because it prevents the beans from overcooking and preserves a vibrant green color.