Filipino Food Series: Lola Sayong’s Suman w/ Coconut Jam (Traditional Glutinous Rice Cake). Hello friends, I'm back with a very easy cooking video! The glutinous rice is cooked in coconut milk and then steamed while. Another variety of wrapped glutinous rice flour, with purple yam flavor and macapuno filling.
Sticky rice cakes abound throughout South East Asia. In the Philippines, eating the local variation, known as suman, is a national pastime. Note • Glutinous rice, also referred to as sticky rice, and banana leaves are available from Asian grocers. • Food-grade lye water is available from some Asian. You can have Filipino Food Series: Lola Sayong’s Suman w/ Coconut Jam (Traditional Glutinous Rice Cake) using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Filipino Food Series: Lola Sayong’s Suman w/ Coconut Jam (Traditional Glutinous Rice Cake)
- You need 2 1/2 cups of glutinous rice.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of lye water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Coconut milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
Coconut jam (Filipino: matamís sa báo, matamís na báo; Indonesian: seri kaya, srikaya; Malaysian: kaya, Vietnamese: ca dé) is a jam made from a base of coconut milk, eggs and sugar. Glutinous rice, also known as sticky rice is one of the most important ingredients in types of Chinese pastry. We love glutinous rice and make lots of famous festival foods with it including the rice dumpling (Tangyuan) for Dragon Boat Festival, New Year Rice cake for Spring Festival and Ciba for. Chewy Coconut Bibingka (Filipino Rice Cake).
Filipino Food Series: Lola Sayong’s Suman w/ Coconut Jam (Traditional Glutinous Rice Cake) instructions
- Wash the glutinous rice until the water is almost clear. Soak the glutinous rice in water overnight.
- Drain the water and then add the lye water then mix.
- Wrap two spoonful or glutinous rice in soft banana leaves (run banana leaves over fire to make it soft). Tie pairs of rice cakes together with strings or straw.
- I used a small sauce pan for 8 pcs of rice cake pairs compact and added 2-3 cups of water. Let it cook for about 2 and half hours in medium fire.
- For the coconut jam. Boil the coconut milk mixed with sugar until it’s golden brown and thick..
A very coconutty and chewy Flilipino rice flour Glutinous white rice, also known as sticky rice or sweet rice, cooked with coconut milk and then Karioka, deep-fried coconut rice balls, are a traditional sweet Filipino dessert that are very quick. Typical traditional Filipino food this dish from Tagaytay! Puto Bumbong is one of the traditional Christmas foods in the Philippines. It's sticky rice with a purple color. Suman Sa Lihiya is a Filipino sweet sticky rice cake steamed in a banana leaf.