Shish Ka-bob. Get a Shishkabob mug for your father Paul. shish kabob. Only the best food in the world, you will fall in love and get married to it. Simple and straightforward marinade for shish kabobs!
Shish kebab is a popular meal of skewered and grilled cubes of meat. It is similar to or synonymous with a dish called shashlik, which is found in the Caucasus region. It is one of the many types of kebab, a range of meat dishes originating in the Middle East. You can cook Shish Ka-bob using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shish Ka-bob
- You need 1-2 lbs of cubed beef, or chicken.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Onions.
- It’s of Mushrooms.
- Prepare of Green peppers (optional).
- Prepare 1 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s of Marinade.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 3/4-1 oz. of bourbon whiskey.
What is the shish in shish kabob? Shish kabob (or kebab, if you prefer), literally means "gobbets of meat roasted on a spit or skewers." This awesome concept is Mediterranean. Shish Kabob House's both locations are now open for dine-in service as well. Please, call for questions and reservations.
Shish Ka-bob instructions
- For marinade pack down brown sugar in a 1 cup measuring cup, add enough soy sauce to just make a slush with sugar, add bourbon then water to come up to 1 cup mark.
- Put meat in a zip lock bag big enough to hold meat and marinade, put marinade over meat, seal and refrigerate 3 to 6 hours (if using a tougher cut of beef, overnight is better).
- Place meat and vegetables on separate skewers as everything cooks at different times (I usually start with the meat, then onions and green peppers) time them to finish cooking at about the same time.
- Cook rice while grilling the shish ka-bobs.
- Boil reserved marinade for a couple of minutes and drizzle over meat and vegetables after removing from skewers.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- Note: for larger amounts double the marinade, though this works with chicken thighs, I think it’s better using beef and marinading 6 hours or more.
In Engish kabob and shish kabob are often used interchangeably to simply mean "shish kabob". Outside North America, however, kabob may also refer to the popular doner. Shish Kabob with the best beef shish kabob marinade. This Middle Eastern beef kebab recipe has been in the family for so long, I've made it several times and I never failed to. The delicious classic beef shish kabob with sirloin marinated in a red wine marinade.