Feast of the Seven Fishes.
You can cook Feast of the Seven Fishes using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Feast of the Seven Fishes
- Prepare 1/2 of # Scallops.
- Prepare 1/2 of # skinless salmon fillet.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of White Wine.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of water.
- Prepare 1 Package of Frozen Clams.
- You need 1 Package of Frozen Mussels in Garlic Sauce.
- You need 1/2 Tin of Anchovies with oil reserved.
- It’s 1 of Medium Fennel Bulb, roughly diced.
- You need 4 Tsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 Tsp of Orange Zest.
- It’s 1 (28 Oz.) of Can San Marzano Tomatoes.
- You need 1 Tsp of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1/2 Package of Frozen, Deveined Medium Shrimp.
- You need 1/2 of Fresh Cod Fillet.
Feast of the Seven Fishes instructions
- Let scallops, salmon and fish come to room temp. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high. Add scallops; cook 2 minutes a side, remove from the pan and keep warm. Cook peeled shrimp 2 minutes a side. Rough dice the fennel, and dice the fish fillets into 1/2 inch cubes..
- Add wine, 1/2 Cup water, to pan. Cook the frozen clams, and frozen mussels per the package directions in boiling water. Add reserved oil from the anchovy can to the pan with the anchovies and cook a couple minutes to disolve. Cook the diced fennel about 5 minutes. Add the cooked clams and mussels to the pan. Add garlic and orange zest. Cook about a minute. Add San Marzano tomatoes, with crushed red pepper, and break them up with a spoon..
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer uncovered for 12 – 15 minutes. Nestle diced fish, scallops, and shrimp in the pot. Cook another 8 minutes until the fish cubes are opaque. Serve in bowls with torn brioche rolls to soak up the tomato-based broth..