Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet. One-Skillet Italian Sausage and Peppers with Onions. My family is all about flavor and just cares Rather than yet another chicken and rice dish, I swapped out the chicken and instead used Johnsonville Fresh Italian Hot Sausage Links. Chicken, Sausage and Rice Skillet. by Natalie.
Let the rice cook until it turns bright white. In the meantime, cook rice according to package instructions. Stir rice into the skillet, sprinkle with cheese and serve. You can have Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet
- You need 1 pack of Costco chicken Asiago garlic chicken (it’s precooked but I brown it in the oven).
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper and 1 yellow pepper chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of par-boiled rice.
- You need 1 of small can tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of lite cream.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Adobo seasoning.
- It’s of Garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 bag of low fat shredded cheese (optional cause the sausage had cheese in already).
Smoked Sausage, sweet peppers and rice are all cooked together in one pan to create a savory skillet meal. One pan cooking equals less clean up! Smoked Sausage, sweet peppers and rice are all cooked together in one pan to create a savory skillet meal. One pan cooking equals less clean up!
Asiago chicken sausage and peppers with rice skillet instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spray a deep oven safe pot with Pam and brown the chicken sausage in it for 30 min.
- Let it cool then place in fridge cause if you cut even at room temp the CHEESE WILL OOZE OUT!.
- Chop up onions and garlic and place in pot that has the juices from the sausage in it. Add seasonings. Sauté til clear then add garlic and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Add rice and reduce to a simmer. Once rice is almost done add paste and sausage and lite cream. Add cheese if you want too..
One Pan Meals are quick and easy, and this One Pan Smoked Sausage and Rice Skillet is at the top of my list of favorites! Stir in broth, water and pepper flakes; bring to a Even my very picky husband ate it! I used a tricolored couscous by Bob Red Mill and a roasted pepper and Asiago chicken sausage. Sausage and bell peppers are a wonderful match already, and when I thought about how to "round out" the rest of the dish, sliced onions came to How to Make Red Rice with Smoked Sausage as a One Pan Meal. To prepare this flavorful recipe, all you'll need is one pan or skillet to build and layer.