Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon. Creamy Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Mozzarella are so irresistible. Bacon and Brussels Sprouts are such a classic ingredient combination! This recipe for baked Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon is dedicated to anyone out there who is convinced that they don't like Brussel sprouts!
I've made these Cheesy Creamy Brussel Sprouts With Bacon many times and it is time to finally share the recipe with you. It involves minimal ingredients and prep work. You still think you don't like Brussels sprouts? You can cook Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon using 9 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- It’s 10 oz of bacon cut into strips.
- It’s 2 Tbls of butter.
- Prepare 2 lb of brussel sprouts trimed. (wash, cut off bottoms and quarter.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream.
- You need 1/3 cup of grarted mozzarella.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch (optional to thicken sauce).
We're continuing on with the fall/winter comfort food I love so much! Ingredients in Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Recipe. This recipe is simple to make and only requires a few easy-to-find ingredients. Try to find the BAGS of sprouts, and not the kind still on the.
Creamy Brussel Sprouts with Bacon step by step
- Works best on a cast iron skillet or pan that can go from stovetop to oven.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook bacon, remove from pan. Drain most of the bacon grease except 1 or 2 Tbls..
- Add butter to pan and melt.
- Add brussel sprouts, salt and pepper. Stir together for about 6 minutes..
- Add garlic. Stir together for about a minute.
- Reduce heat and pour in cream. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- If the cream is too thin, use corn starn to make a slurry and add to the pan.
- Add bacon and stir together.
- Add mozzarella and parmesan.
- Remove from the stovetop and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- To brown the top, switch to broil for 2 minutes.
- You can garnish with additional parmesan or parsley or thyme or rosemary..
These brussels sprouts will quickly become a go-to side dish in your rotation! Stir in creme fraiche, bring to a boil, and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Divide reserved Brussels sprouts among warmed bowls, top with soup and garnished with bacon, apple and walnut croutons. Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts With Bacon. These cheesy caramelized sprouts are the perfect side dish any time of year, but are especially welcome as we enter the early days of fall — they're delicious paired with roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and other sweater-weather favorites.