Butternut squash, Brussel sprout sausage mixture. Butternut squash, Brussels sprouts, garlic and sausage all roast on one sheet pan in this super-easy dinner. We're partial to the flavor of chicken-apple sausage, but you can pick whatever variety of chicken sausage you prefer. Serve with crusty bread and a dollop of whole-grain mustard.
For this particular dish, I used just a plain Italian sausage. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, add brussels sprouts and butternut squash. You can cook Butternut squash, Brussel sprout sausage mixture using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butternut squash, Brussel sprout sausage mixture
- Prepare 1/4 lb of sage sausage.
- You need 4 cup of Fresh Brussel sprouts quartered.
- Prepare 4 cup of Butternut Squash peeled and diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chili Flakes.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- You need of honey.
- It’s 4 oz of feta cheese.
In a smaller bowl, whisk together the avocado oil, maple syrup, and dijon mustard. Pour the mixture into the large bowl then toss the veggies until completely coated. Spread out brussels sprouts and butternut squash. In small bowl mix together the olive oil, maple syrup, garlic, cayenne, cinnamon and cloves until well combined.
Butternut squash, Brussel sprout sausage mixture step by step
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. . ..
- When the pan is hot, add a drizzle of olive oil followed by the sausage and chili flakes..
- Cook, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon until the sausage is nicely browned and mostly cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Next, add the butternut squash..
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until they start to get some color (5-8 minutes)..
- Next, add the Brussels sprouts and drizzle with honey.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 more minutes..
- Add the chicken stock and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze.
- top with feta cheese and drizzle with honey to serve..
- Remove from heat and cover to allow flavors to blend for 5min.
Pour over the brussels and butternut squash. Spicy Sausage, Brussels and Butternut Foil Packets. I love foil packet meals you can make and prep ahead, like these Cajun Shrimp Foil Packets, and keep refrigerated or even frozen. So when you get home from your busy day, you can pop them in the oven and relax until dinner. This maple glazed roasted butternut squash with brussels sprouts dish is made simple on just one sheet pan.